cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Exclude Live performances or remixed versions of songs

Ideas: Exclude Live performances or remixed versions of songs

KingCityDJ
Underground

Am I the only one who thinks we should have a way to exclude live performances from our listening experience? Make this happen.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
88 Comments
thinksdifferent
Local Performer

[redacted to make room for updated comment, below]

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@thinksdifferent I moved your post over to this existing feature request: Exclude Live Performance/Remixed Versions of Songs

Make sure to give this post a ❤️to express your interest in seeing it added to the service as well.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! :pandora:

thinksdifferent
Local Performer

Holy **ahem**, ONE BILLION LIKES.

I immediately thumbs-down *ANY* live recording regardless of who it's by, how good it is, or whether I like it or not in the (apparently futile) hopes that Pandora will eventually learn that I don't like live recordings.

Add me to the "I hate the live version", "I don't like concerts", and "love the perfection of the studio version" lists.

@Pandora PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

johnslog000
Local Performer

I do find some of the live versions of songs to be annoying or not worth listening to, but I'd so much more like to filter out "Remix" versions of songs. Those I really hate. I wanna listen to the original song, not 23 different other artists' versions of it while I'm listening to a specific artist. I've literally had 3 different remixes of the same song come on in a row, are you kidding?

Alchron
On the Rise

It would be nice if there was a way to select for the weekly playlists (my rock and roll soundtrack, my blues soundtrack, etc.) whether you want live songs included in the playlists or not.  Maybe even making a live playlist for listeners would be a great option but its not fun to skip over live songs when they are mixed in with recorded studio songs.

fcwickham
Local Performer

Please make this happen.

NoLiveVersions
Local Performer

I created this username in hopes someone that can make a difference so they can understand, PEOPLE DONT LIKE LIVE VERSIONS!

Not all, but I would bet most people want to listen to the studio recording. My concern, is that the forums are a way for moderators to get people satisfied by listening to their concerns, without actually making any changes. The several threads I have found in a matter of moments would suggest this is a feature people want, and yes, I am a premium member, and would think that you dont have to con people into paying for things they already dont want.

firmdog
Local Performer

Vote with your money, go somewhere else like I did.

If Pandora wants to save money by injecting live songs all the time, and they will not allow the ability to ignore/remove love music, then it's time to leave. Move to spotify like I did. It's worth the extra money. Pandora does not listen to it's customers, especially for something as simple as allowing customers to ignore live music. So they lost a paying customer with me over this one simple issue.

EmperorJJ1
On the Rise

Im all for this but make it a toggle for station setting to either exclude or include. i have certain stations id like to hear remixes and others id prefer not to. same with live

Marcus007
Local Performer

I dont enjoy any live recordings of any band. The only live music I enjoy are the concerts I go to. The main reason I like going to the concert is interaction with people who jam on my peanut butter...You dig?