cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Exclude Live performances or remixed versions of songs

Ideas: Exclude Live performances or remixed versions of songs

KingCityDJ
Underground

Am I the only one who thinks we should have a way to exclude live performances from our listening experience? Make this happen.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
88 Comments
AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

@KingCityDJ Thanks for your suggestion! 

We don't currently have the option to filter out certain versions of tracks, such as remixes or live recordings on Pandora stations. 

Let's see what the rest of the community has to say.

Manix
Underground

I agree that we should be able to axe certain versions of songs. It is quite annoying to hear screaming, cheering and clapping after many cleanly recorded studio songs. 

@KingCityDJ wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks we should have a way to exclude live performances from our listening experience? Make this happen.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

RyanKuc2019
Opening Act
I feel the same way. I hate it when a live version of a song plays when the studio version could've played. I would love to see a feature where we can filter out the live versions of a song.
missmosity
Local Performer

Not only are live recordings annoying, sometimes you'll have just heard a studio version, and then the live version or several different live versions will play within a short period, so effectively you hear the same song over and over.  So yeah, a "studio version only" setting would be great.

mom
Local Performer

Agree with all comments. I don't want to hear any live versions.

tralphaz4
Local Performer

I wholehearted agree. We need an option to exclude certain versions.

Tpick
Local Performer

How many people have to say we want to ditch live versions before the feature will be added? This is not the first or only thread asking for this. 

Hoss_Meat
Underground

Yes, I agree, there should also be ways to exclude edited versions and remixes.  Perhaps a simple group of check boxes that allow us to choose what versions of songs we want to include in our stations.

Mugur
Underground

I also do not like live recordings and sometimes thumbs them down hoping Pandora will eventually pick up on my pattern.

That being said, I know plenty of people that prefer live recordings.

So I think the solution would be to have the ability to slant a station away from or preferring live recordings.

osheros
Local Performer

Just came here to make that same suggestions. I hate the live version (also not a fan of concerts).  I fell in love with the studio perfect CD version.   I don't want the fans screaming or the artist's extended remix version (I'm talking to you DMB).

I'd be more inclined to pay for Pandora if I knew I could filter out the live version.