cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Explicit Filter For Album Art

Ideas: Explicit Filter For Album Art

IcanCwhatUsay
Underground

I seem to have the knack of having a co-worker come up behind me when NSFW cover art is displayed and now my office is threatening to block Pandora. Is there a way to turn off cover art or at least hide NSFW cover art?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
47 Comments
Greycar
Local Performer

I agree. I love listening to Pandora on my Roku device but many of the album covers are not appropriate for my kiddo. Having the option to turn them off would be great!

jrdngreen
Local Performer

Ability to just hide all album art would be awesome!

plwww
Underground

This feature would be excellent; especially a simple on/off switch for album art so Pandora doesn't have to decide what is and isn't ok(otherwise some of us will always be asking why 'x' got through or 'y' didn't).

sahadavid
Local Performer

Not currently an option...

OK, but  I find one of the the pictures quite offensive. It was bad before and I wanted to complain, and now it has renewed to something even worse, including violent language and graphics.

Please tell me how to lose the picture - do I have to delete the station and start over?? I have been a listener since you started streaming, and we listeners deserve better.

This is unacceptable, please provide a fix.

Thank you,

DT

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sahadavid I moved your post to this existing feature request since you have similar feedback.

While there isn't currently a way to prevent explicit album art from appearing on your stations, I recommend giving this thread a ❤️to express your interest in getting it added to the service as well.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! :pandora:

bin00005
Local Performer

I would like to add my voice- please make it optional to hide explicit album art.  Often the song is okay but not the art.  This is something I do not want my children exposed to.

tmortimer09
Local Performer

I also want the ability to turn off all album art. This could potentially have the added benefit of improving user experience over slow connections.

embenscott
Local Performer

Please add option to turn off or at least filter artwork.

Smarshman
Local Performer

Please filter cover art option and or at least would be great to be able to block all cover art!!

Maybe a cool Pandora screen saver type thing.

Karlwetherby
Local Performer

Yes

Please add this feature. 
There are some very inappropriate album covers