cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Ability to merge stations

Ideas: Ability to merge stations

Mugur
Underground

It would be great to have the ability to permanently merge selected stations into one.  All the seeds, thumbs-ups, and thumbs-down from all selected stations would merge into one station.

> This would give all the people who have a ton of stations the ability to consolidate and organize them without having to delete stations they like, and without having a complicated group/folder system.

> It would encourage people to use stations to explore unfamiliar genres more without ending up with so-so or too many stations.

> Consolidating is another tool to create some really powerful, amazing stations that you couldn't get by just adding seeds.

I've wanted this feature for over ten years. Let's make it happen.

mod edit: format and title for clarity

Labels (3)
62 Comments
twbav8r
Local Performer

Somehow I ended up with three stations having the same name. Sure would like to merge all three stations and their songs into one. Kick those programmers into high gear!  🙂 This is why we have computers!

CandyLuther
Local Performer

Yes! Why can't we merge some stations???? It should be an easy fix. Please make this possible!

efritz
Local Performer

Yes please.  I haven't found Pandora all that intuitive although I've been a user since 2016.  My original station, which I thought was my "thumbs up station" I just stumbled across, and I looked, several of the songs aren't there in thumbs up.  Frustrating - I'd just merge them and problem solved...

hha225
Underground
We need to bug the ceo more. He is tone deaf and not all that intelligent.
MsJulia
Local Performer

I remember many years ago, when Pandora was new… you could indeed merge stations. I loved that feature, and I can’t for the life of me figure out why they would eliminate it, or not bring it back? Very frustrating! I don’t want 111 stations, but also don’t want to lose all the algo rhythms I created by liking and unliking songs in those stations. Please bring back merge!

Moderator Edit: Format

deianickelsen
Local Performer

Yes, please make this feature. 

januaryjoy84
Local Performer

It would be AMAZING to be able to merge stations! I have SO MANY stations because I goofed up when I first opened my Pandora account more than 10 years ago and organized them by artist instead of genre. I'd like to be able to combine stations of like music instead of having to go thru all my thumbs up & down's and adding them one.

jkrey
Local Performer
Glad to hear that I'm still not the only one wanting this!
twbav8r
Local Performer
Roger that. Can’t believe Pandora won’t tackle this request. Programmers must be in short supply! 🙂

Tom
januaryjoy84
Local Performer
I agree! I vaguely remember that we used to be able to merge stations, or at least I could easily move a song from one station to another. Now I can't even figure out who to do that SMH