cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Adjustable visual equalizer

Ideas: Adjustable visual equalizer

Me-myself-I
Opening Act

It would nice to have a small EQ in the app that allows adjustment to the music, so one can pump up the bass or other frequency, compensate for older music that has not been remastered.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
98 Comments
david_LT
Local Performer

2023 and still no eq? 

Pauleeeeeee
Local Performer

I love pandora! But I hate no eq!!!!!

Anotherfutile
Local Performer

Years have passed. A great number of customers have posted reasonable requests for Pandora to implement even the most basic EQ capability.

They request this feature because it is needed and will greatly enhance the Pandora user experience.

For each posting requesting this feature there are surely hundreds - perhaps thousands - of users who have not posted but still would appreciate having this.

Since their main competition offers this feature we have to conclude that its a conscious management choice rather than a technical restriction. 

Why? Why can’t we have it? Pandora, please  spare us lame, implausible explanations and get with it!

ddinneb
Underground

Normally I play Pandora (Highest Quality setting) via my portable Bose or Sonos speakers; recently I received some outdoor Pyle Speakers (PDWR61BTWT) and the sound is, at best, tinny. It would be nice to try and adjust as much as possible to make these speakers tolerable. 

14hh
Local Performer

Theres plenty of us who listen to motorcycle Bluetooth speakers, sometimes we need sound adjustments. A software equalizer built into the app would be amazing. 

Billiebeth59
Local Performer

I have to agree, no EQ is kinda stupid. And Pandora ur app is sorely lacking in  sound quality. I have noticed when I use Pandora where ever... The sound quality goes way way down from regular radio. So in my opinion u r changing the quality of the original music, but it's not good. Why haven't u addressed this concern. Seems neglectful to me. I live Pandora's music but the app does need an easy to access EQ!!!!! PLEASE ADRESS THIS ASAP

solsanja
Local Performer

I can't believe that after at least 3 years worth of comments on this thread, there is still no Equalizer in Pandora!!!

I want to see the Devs and Program Managers put on some headsets (wired or not), and try actually listening to the music. Some songs are really quiet, so you turn the volume up to hear it. Then the next song is just shy of making your ears bleed. It's almost a safety thing. Does Pandora care about the safety and health of the listeners????

I have a station with lots of movie scores. Try listening to just about anything, followed by StarWars. The StarWars themes will actually hurt you after listening to a quieter song.

Will anyone at Pandora, Dev or Program Manager, actually respond, or will this comment be ignored like all of the previous?

Sarge4RIT
Local Performer

I would LOVE to see an EQ in the app, and maybe a handy bass-boost toggle to help with older tracks and (a little on) smaller speakers

Xmk1085
Local Performer

I love pandora but where is the EQ, this is driving me crazy especially with a Bluetooth speaker, ugh!!!

JohnnyMac-Tahoe
Local Performer

There must be some other reason behind the decision not to add an EQ. "Staying true to the music" doesn't even make sense. Whether or not what I'm hearing is true to the original depends on the signal chain through which the sound file travels before hitting my eardrums. That chain is totally different if I'm listening on my living room audio system, in my car or off my phone with earbuds. In all cases it's not going to be running through the same pre / power stages and monitors as the studio originally mastered the track with! Ha-ha. If you're going to continue to refuse to tag a little utility EQ to the website and apps at least be straight with your customers and tell us why! It's kinda insulting not to. Love Pandora BTW ))