cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Allow Modes in shuffle

Ideas: Allow Modes in shuffle

Corbin
Underground

I really like the new modes feature, but my understanding is that if a self-created station has been modified with a mode, and that station is included in a shuffle, the shuffle will not pick up the mode on the station. I would like to have this feature added. Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
28 Comments
jfoiles
Underground

Paying extra for something, only to find out it doesn't work when you want it to, kind of feels like bait & switch. I have dozens and dozens of stations in my shuffle but I still wind up hearing the same handful of songs over and over again, ad nauseam. Please ad the modes feature to shuffled stations.

Lfstrat
Local Performer

I want to reinforce the request to be able to have the individual station modes stay active in the shuffle stations selection. part of the reason to shuffle stations is to have as much variety as possible. I find that the shuffle stations mode actually stifles variety by picking only a handful of songs from each station. Tired of hearing the same thing over and over. Would love to have the discovery mode (or which ever mode is selected for that station) turned on for each station while in the shuffle stations mode. I think it is a spectacular feature for each station, but just a minor tweak to the algorithm should do it.

Webdove
Opening Act

I found a short term solution. I created a new station from one of my artists.  I then added my other 250 artists to that station. I renamed the station "A-Z".

I then put that station in "Deep Cuts" mode.

From what I can tell it picks one of the stations artists and plays 4-5 deep cuts based on that artist, then in picks another artist and does the same. 

That is more or less what I expected from putting all my individual artist stations into Deep Cuts mode (which does not yet work when shuffling). The differences are that it plays a few songs from each artist choice rather than just one and it is much easier to change from "Deep Cuts" to "Discover" since you only have to change that in one place and not 250 places.

jfoiles
Underground

Webdove, that's brilliant!

xamit123
Local Performer

When will this be done??  Everybody wants it.   The worst thing about Pandora is hearing the same songs over and over!  This would fix it!!!

BBPhotographyWI
Underground

Was wondering if itd be possible to have the specific filter types that are currently allowed for listening to a single given station to also be enabled for shuffle mode too.

Currently the only filter you can set for shuffle mode is whatever artist stations you want to be included, and nothing else. Would be more beneficial in my opinion to allow users to further filter their shuffled collection of stations by the same filters allowed by single artist stations. 

Such as within a shuffled group allow for user opt-in on: crowd faves, deeper cuts/discovery to pull songs that arent normally curated or popular for users to listen to, and or an ability to add songs featured within shuffle to a seperate playlist as well.

Apologies if these features already exist for paid users, im suggesting this as a user who has a freebie account.

chadmklein
Local Performer

Currently, Shuffle plays only "top hits" from each station included in the Shuffle.  It just plays the same "crowd faves" over and over.  It would be great if Shuffle would incorporate the Curated Mode settings for each included station for better variety.

xamit123
Local Performer

Pandora really needs to make it so that shuffled stations behave the same as when they are not shuffled.   This is obviously a problem that needs fixing.  People have stations set to play a certain way, such as Deep Tracks (Mode) for example, but when Multiple Stations are shuffled, this no longer happens!  People should be empowered to play all their music, how they want to hear it!  This is obviously the #1 thing Pandora could do to make this by far the best music service.  

Moderator Edit: Format

xamit123
Local Performer

This is the smartest thread!!   When will this be done Pandora ?????????

Webdove
Opening Act

This problem has been known since 2019.  They are apparently not giving it any attention.  My fix above of a single station with 250 artists is a workaround.  However, it turns out if you try to share a multi-artist station with others they only receive a station with a single artist.  I have a thread on that problem that is active at the moment.  No fix for that one yet.