cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Blocking / Muting Artists & Genres

Ideas: Blocking / Muting Artists & Genres

bjoyce2
Opening Act

New Feature Idea: Create Rules about what bands you never want to hear.  If I select a Genre but there are certain bands I never want to hear, there should be a way to create a rule. i.e. I select the 70's Rock Genre but I never want to hear any music from Sting, Rush, Styx, Journey, Kiss, etc.  then allow me to create a rule eliminating them fron the selection algorithm.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
175 Comments
chiroaz
Local Performer

I couldn't agree more!!! Let's get it done pandora!!!

Locinfid
Local Performer

We need a never play artist again button or list.  For artists and commercials we absolutely hate.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Locinfid. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing feature request as it appears that you'd be interested in a similar option.

Hope to see you around the community more! 🎧

Phaq420
Local Performer

I have one station that has about 30 different groups/bands and it. Not only do you always scare the same songs from the same bands. Half of the time you just hear the same 15 to 20 songs from about 9 or 10 in the bands.the other have a Time return in random songs from bands that anywhere on your list. personally when I put a band on my list it's because I like 90% of the songs. If Ldon't like one I  will thumbs it down. I like to be able to hear all the songs mixed in so I never have to hear the same songs twice unless I'm listening for hours.    So in other words mix up the songs better and play all the songs from all the album's and let each person decide what songs they want to keep or don't keep

Great idea. Stay safe 😁

isalu96
Local Performer

How can I report an artist that talks about violence, sexual abuse, pedophilia, and threat? His name is Johnny Escutia, his songs shouldn’t be here.

rehaksuma
Local Performer

I'm writing to complain about hearing homophobic music on Pandora.  Pandora is a fantastic site and it is demeaning to promote lyrics which are obviously anti gay.  Willie Nelson's - Ain't Goin' Down On Brokeback Mountain is totally inappropriate.  Here are the lyrics, 

Lyrics
Now I've been up the Chisholm Trail
Been through Death Valley, hot as hell
I rode across the dusty plains
There's cowboy runnin' through my veins
But I ain't goin' down on Brokeback Mountan
No, I ain't goin' down on Brokeback Mountain
That **ahem** ain't right (That **ahem** ain't right)
Well I've watched the heard from dusk 'til dawn
But I did it with my britches on
You can have a chew, you can bum a smoke
But don't go reachin' for my rope
I ain't goin' down on Brokeback Mountan
What you do's your business hoss
You can buy me a beer, and then **ahem** off
But I ain't goin' down on Brokeback Mountan
That **ahem** ain't right
(That **ahem** ain't right)
(Oh!, what the hell?)
(Oh, that's my saddle horn! Thank Goodness!).

Even though Mr. Nelson is not the writer he is promoting and making money off "hate" song.

Sincerely,

Scott Suma

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Glamdring
Opening Act

so, I loaded my pandora account onto my work computer at an eldercare group home so I can play music for my elderly residents. unfortunately that means that the other workers have access to add stations or variety to existing stations and they are too stupid to realize that in a house full of all white people over 70 hip-hop and modern R & B are NOT well received. plus it's my account and I'd rather stick a 1 inch wood boring drill bit in my urethra without anesthesia than listen to Beyoncé, and I find her music positively delightful compared to Cardi B. is there a way to secure my account there so that I still have ad free playback but noone can add stations or modify my existing stations except me? like require my login to confirm EVERY change? or at least an "undo" command that would allow me to blanket remove all changes since a particular date and time?

don't get me wrong, what I REALLY want is the ability to filter my entire account to not play anything flagged as "hip-hop" or whatever across the entire account, including my existing stations with 1 click. yeah, I know if I turned on the explicit content filter it would block about 90% of all hip-hop but I WANT the explicit content in my other stations so not an option

Threshold
Local Performer

Especially if I'm not allowed to skip a song "due to licensing restrictions"

I absolutely do not want to support any artist who thinks forcing their song on me is in any way going to make me want to hear them!

mattspringer
Opening Act

Similarly, it would be great to be able to give thumbs down to a specific composer in classical music stations