cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Higher Audio Quality

Ideas: Higher Audio Quality

pboser
Underground

How about higher audio quality?  Amazon has introduced this feature, and others have been ahead of Pandora as well.  It would be great to have the Genome Project advantage with higher audio quality.  Do others agree?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
284 Comments
VegasBlaxican
Local Performer
Thank you.

Jared Jc
GhostBirdofPrey
Local Performer

Frankly it's ridiculous to we don't already have this.  The Music Genome Project so miles ahead of anyone else's ability to pick good songs.  The only thing letting it down is the terrible sound quality.

MarkMusic
Local Performer
yep, I agree 100%. amazing
jjb2023
Local Performer

I prefer Pandora discovery mode and streaming over all others BUT I will never buy it because of the awful audio quality. So sad.

Mtldrm22
Local Performer

100% agreed!  I am switching to a different app if Pandora doesn't increase their audio quality.

EmperorJJ1
On the Rise

still no traction on this?? lossless would be awesome

Zarborg
Local Performer

I vote for a mixer that can create 4 channel audio from the two channel source.

I have five big speakers just sitting here doing nothing, would be nice to at least shunt the stereo to the rear speakers too.

Loubob73
Local Performer

I agree. Pandora is my favorite streaming service. But I tend not to listen on my living room stereo system, because you can really hear the lower quality stream. Would love to see everything at 320kbps, if not something better, like FLAC. 

MarkMusic
Local Performer
Yep, perfectly said. The reason MP3 was made in the first place was
56k baud rate modems in the mid 90s. It cuts quality in order to
compress the file size however Bandwidth is no longer an issues as it
was in those days. They should do WAV files for CD quality and crush
the competition. It could be an optional setting for those who use
mobile devices and ARE concerned about data usage.

Pandora was acquired by SiriusXM on September 24, 2018, for $3.5 billion.

The Pandora's revenue was $870mil in 2021 however the year before
SiriusXM bought it it was $1.4Bil.
Sad that SiriusXM acquired Pandora and has totally neglected it.

If I was CEO I could crush the competition.
magicbycalvin
Local Performer

I would really like to at the very least use my 5.1 system with Pandora. Sure it's nothing special, but I would still like the option to use the full sound experience rather than basically needing to force mono to hear from all my speakers. Especially if I am paying for this service.

At this point, I am only paying because of the nostalgia of all my music in the past. But as more services surpass Pandora, I may unfortunately need to jump ship. Really hope to see some good changes soon!