cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Higher Audio Quality

Ideas: Higher Audio Quality

pboser
Underground

How about higher audio quality?  Amazon has introduced this feature, and others have been ahead of Pandora as well.  It would be great to have the Genome Project advantage with higher audio quality.  Do others agree?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
284 Comments
bnjmn4
Local Performer

I think it's safe to say that higher audio quality isn't coming from Pandora. If it were even being considered, we'd have heard about it by now. Apparently they are content with the service they provide. That's why I moved to Spotify. 

MarkMusic
Local Performer

yes its too bad because I do like the platform itself.  I'm cancelling as well.  They won't even care

user7
Underground

If there were more Likes from the community, this feature request might get some attention from Pandora.  Sorting top feature requests by Likes, the "Higher Audio Quality" request is currently 7 positions from the top spot.  We need more people to like "Higher Audio Quality."  Also, I read this on Investopedia, "Pandora makes its money the same way radio stations do, from advertising that is inserted into the playlist."  Maybe advertisers would help us out by asking for higher audio quality.  Ads would sound so much better on our hifi systems! 🙂

user7
Underground

Apple Music is stepping up the listening experience!  

Our commitment to your listening experience

Apple Music delivers an unparalleled listening experience that’s defined by the highest standards of audio quality. We developed our own implementation of AAC (Advanced Audio Codec) that delivers audio that’s virtually indistinguishable from the original studio recording. We also introduced Apple Digital Masters to deliver the highest-quality recordings. And now, we’re offering Apple Music subscribers the additional option to access our entire catalog encoded using lossless audio compression at no extra cost.

MarkMusic
Local Performer

if you want actual CD quality (or better) qobuz.com

the down side is they don't have the "genome" music selection thing that Pandora has.  but if you want to make a song list the quality is amazing... it's NOT MP3, it's actual CD quality or better.

SMR
Underground

Apple Music has started streaming Dolby Atmos (surround sound, spatial audio). Sounds great. What are Pandora's plans?

bleudogsd
Local Performer

audio quality is **ahem** at times.  tiny on good headphones.

rickster61
Underground

I’ve been premium with Pandora for at least 10 years. I thought the sound was ok but bought new Sony WH-10000MM4 headphones. With these I learned about 360 Reality listening.  I say learned but what I meant to say was found out it is available.  I’m not sure I want another subscription unless I think it’s worth it. Plus, I have all these years of playlists saved.  I can’t imagine losing it all and starting over.  Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

livedown
Local Performer

Higher quality would definitely bring you guys up to date in 2021 for people wanting to listen to good music. We have 5G now and great devices out for cheap to listen to Hi def music. No excuses.

cberg2048
Underground

The struggle is real, have been using Pandora for 10+ years and love the way it serves up music, Gnome Project for the win. But, I have recently gotten into HiFi listening and have to struggle with other apps as a source... cough cough Amazon Music HD.