cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Higher Audio Quality

Ideas: Higher Audio Quality

pboser
Underground

How about higher audio quality?  Amazon has introduced this feature, and others have been ahead of Pandora as well.  It would be great to have the Genome Project advantage with higher audio quality.  Do others agree?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
284 Comments
innovations
Local Performer

I have been with Pandora for many years but i tryed the 3 month anazon HD Music i don't like there format but the sound is so good i hope we here something soon from Pandora . I find that i am useing Amazon more and more.

Bri-an
Underground

I think I've been using Pandora since 2012. I've continued to subscribe and have enjoyed it very much. I've also used Amazon Music Unlimited for some time as well, but compromised and stuck with Pandora consistently through the years -- knowing the audio quality was not as good. But now after listening to Amazon Music HD, it's going to be tough to stick with Pandora knowing there is much much much better audio quality available for a similar price. On my hi-fi home stereo, hi-fi car stereo or hi-fi headphones, the difference is enormous. Amazon's "HD" and "Ultra HD" music is on another level of sound quality. If I have the option to listen to high resolution, lossless audio, at a similar price, I should. Otherwise, it's a waste of time and pleasure to listen to low resolution, lossy audio from Pandora.

innovations
Local Performer

HD Audio like Amazon or after 10 years i'm gone.

boulderskies
Opening Act
i have pandora plus and all i get is 128k bps. yippee?
jrenoe
Local Performer
Agreed 100%! Pandora beats the pants off of the other services in regards to it's music selection algorithm. However, the sound quality lacks to the point I've been looking at other options.
boulderskies
Opening Act

i think i have pretty good ears despite my 66 years of age. for my ears, Pandora Plus' audio quality is adequate. Compared to Amazon HD & UltraHD, i'd say its pretty equivalent. so its a toss-up. but Pandora's music selection algorythms and its ability to allow you to tailor its stations using the thumbs u/down place it well ahead of Amazon's offerings. As a side note, i hear absolutely no difference whatsoever between Amason HD & UltraHD so that's one rabbit hole i dont have to re-visit.

Bri-an
Underground

@boulderskies at first I thought their was no difference as well, but after extended listening, it does seem that the HD and Ultra HD tracks need time to buffer to their full resolution. Once it's at full resolution, the difference is noticeable to me and according to this thread, many others as well.

Bri-an
Underground

I agree we all are big, long time fans and supports of Pandora. I am hopeful that Pandora can make Sound Quality improvements so we call all enjoy the best music service AND best sound quality.

Listener001
Not applicable

If lossless is not technically possible, providing at least 256 kbps AAC would be nice.

bnjmn4
Local Performer

This is why I switched to Spotify. I miss the Pandora algorithm, but at least now I can enjoy the music I pay for, and hear it like it's meant to be listened to.