cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Lock for creating new stations on Alexa & Google

Ideas: Lock for creating new stations on Alexa & Google

m_alvare5
Underground

Hi everyone.  I'm super annoyed with Alexa creating a new station everytime it misunderstands what we requested.  It creates dozens of new stations every week and adds it to My Collection.  We need a way to prevent this behavior.  Maybe a lock mechanism where you need a three digit pin number to create a new station, that way Alexa or the kids won't create stations I don't want.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
155 Comments
nattysmom1
Local Performer

agreed...and it's a pain to delete each Pandora station one by one.

EricH
Local Performer

I'm not sure if this is a Pandora thing or an Alexa thing, but it sure is annoying to have to remove a bunch of unwanted stations that Alexa creates. At this point, Alexa is the primary way I interface with Pandora. I have echo dots through the house and every time someone tells her to play a song, she automatically creates a new station for it. I would prefer she simply play the stations that I have created. Creating new stations should be a separate and  deliberate act. 

wasper17
Local Performer

How do i upvote this? with having two kids in the house, this is getting ridiculous!

aaronbstruass
Local Performer

Agree! Honestly, this borders on a bug, since you don't have to say "Alexa, create a Pandora station with [artist/song]" for Pandora's code to interpret commands as creating stations. Do Pandora's engineers really think the current setup is "working as intended" and fixing this issue is a "feature request"?

As comparison, when I search for a song on pandora.com, I have the option to listen to the song (perhaps with an ad) or explicitly create a station.

Fix this please.

zanetheinsane
Local Performer

Just had to remove about 30 stations from Pandora because of this. This "feature" is so awful that I'm just going to unlink my Pandora account from Alexa.

fekim-71
Underground

I also do not like Pandora making stations merely due to a song request. I would like the ability to make this not happen

strikecity
Local Performer

+1

RY2168
Local Performer

If nothing else, make it easier to delete multiple stations in one sitting.  This would at least make it more tolerable when I can't listen to Pandora because my 3 young kids keep junking it up and it reaches the station limit.

tksorensen
Local Performer

PLEASE Make Alexa stop creating bogus Pandora stations!!!!

jimmyi189
Local Performer

Please prioritize and implement this solution because it is very annoying to just continue adding Pandora stations because of a Alexa's misunderstanding.   Alexa should rely on users stating to create a station versus play a desired album or track.