cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Lock for creating new stations on Alexa & Google

Ideas: Lock for creating new stations on Alexa & Google

m_alvare5
Underground

Hi everyone.  I'm super annoyed with Alexa creating a new station everytime it misunderstands what we requested.  It creates dozens of new stations every week and adds it to My Collection.  We need a way to prevent this behavior.  Maybe a lock mechanism where you need a three digit pin number to create a new station, that way Alexa or the kids won't create stations I don't want.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
155 Comments
jimmyi189
Local Performer

Please implement a solution to resolve this issue.  Alexa should rely on users stating ther command "create station" based on a track or album versus when the ask is to play an album or track.  

jimmyi189
Local Performer

How many comments are needed for Amazon and Pandora to take action?

Epak
Local Performer

I agree.  It’s extremely annoying.  Pleas stop Alexa from creating Pandora stations based on things it misheard. Also stop shuffling stations too!

joeassault
Local Performer

Why create it when I didn't ask for it? Play does not mean create?

Belgrath04
Local Performer

Alexa Please stop creating stations on my pandora account

asnow5150
Local Performer

I have to chime in and 2nd someone else's post about the kids requesting hundreds of single songs which creates new stations. Its annoying to say the least and then I have to go in and delete one by one. At least make group delete an option.

Terdai
Local Performer

This needs to be a thing, it got so bad that I had to just disconnect my pandora from alexa.

johnirvingleven
Local Performer

YES, PLEASE TELL ME SOMEONE HAS FIGURED OUT HOW TO DO THIS EASILY!!!

I have hundreds and hundreds of stations now(2 boys adding stations via Alexa).

2 boys under the age of 9 means I have a significant portion of the hundreds of stations dedicated to "poop" & other things I really don't want on my pandora station.

How do I erase multiple stations at once?

cpamario
Local Performer

This is ruining my Pandora account.  Getting tired of it.  It's obviously a big problem for a lot of other people as I can see from all the posts here for the last 4 months (though the problem as been around for longer).  I just want Alexa to play a song, not create another freakn' station.  Please don't take 2 years to fix this.  Been a paying Pandora customer for several years, hope Pandora adds and option soon to block 3rd party apps from creating stations.  It's within Pandora's interest to fix this, not Amazon since they have a competing music service.  Hope Pandora hurry's up with this.

gfarina1
Local Performer

Another request for not saving channels from Alexa unless specifically requested. A temporary channel that is deleted when playback stops would be far better. Just had to clean up a dozen channels based on songs from Frozen.