cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Make Listening History Available

Ideas: Make Listening History Available

username777
Underground

It would be great to have a history of all of the songs that have been played on my Pandora profile page- much in the way all of my YouTube history is available for me to view (and even edit).

Labels (3)
89 Comments
Sjpschmid
Local Performer

This should be a no-brainer. I have wanted this so many times. It's a big pain hearing a song you love that you haven't heard before, and you have to rush to see what it is before it's over.

Speed
Local Performer
Seems that with Pandora's "mission" to get listeners to hear&acquire new tunes, that having a history capability would be "essential": I often can't "save" a song I like because I'm driving (or something else). A history would allow me to go back, find, and acquire a tune to add to my library. Agree with Sjpschmid: this is a no-brainer!
freecam
Local Performer

While listening to Pandora on my Amazon Echo device yesterday, I heard a song I really liked but I wasn't able to find out who the artist was.  How do I pull up my recent history to find that out?

MissBrat
Local Performer
Definitely at the top of my wish list
jsingh1022
Local Performer

Would be great especially to see all the great songs discovered over the years....

egant
Local Performer

+1

LiquidZero
Local Performer

Understandably, additional data storage becomes an issue with even incremental micro transactions involving millions of users lifelong history... So maybe the most frequent 100 tracks, chronologically, with options to add to your collection or thumb up from sick a list.. Or, perhaps your last three sessions.. something. I might be driving, nodding off for a nap, making dinner... too busy to think to add a every song we enjoy to our thumbs up list.. This is an excellent idea.

davecampbell
Underground

at 200 songs / month, 1k / song, that's 200,000 bytes.
s3 storage costs $0.03 / GB (1,000,000,000 bytes).
that comes to $0.0000003.
i pay something like $4.99 / month.
i want my song history.  all of it.

username777
Underground

LiquidZero said "additional data storage becomes an issue with even incremental micro transactions involving millions of users lifelong history..."

Not buying it... plenty of services provide millions of bits of data every day for their users-and they keep the history available for months and years... I personally wouldn't trust a bank or phone company or Amazon order history page that couldn't do this (for examples). 

Unfortunately, I think the difference between You Tube's willingness to do this for years of history on gazillions of free accounts and Pandora's lack of this feature boils down to one word: royalties.  Hate to sound cynical, but as other users have pointed out listening history used to be a feature on Pandora- I remember when it was available for 30 days.  Amazon Prime videos also used to provide this specific feature, but it disappeared several years ago. Their business model also involves paying out ...royalties ...just sayin'

jamhou4
Local Performer

I would absolutely love to have this feature back, because it used to exist! About 3 days ago my station was left playing while I was away for 3 hours. Ever since then my station has been trashed. I spent the last 3 years cultivating the music on this particular station. It's not that I thumbed up any new songs that ruined my playlist, it's literally that their system decided that the songs I didn't thumb are things I want to hear.

So now, my totally awesome K-rock/K-chill (with hints of K-pop) station has turned into **ahem**fest of **ahem**ty American mumble-rap. I keep hitting my thumb down limit about 12 minutes into the hour when I used to be able to go days without having to thumb a song down.