cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: More sorting options for Premium (playlists, stations, albums, etc)

Ideas: More sorting options for Premium (playlists, stations, albums, etc)

axiomatic
Underground

It would be great if there were different ways to sort the collection in the mobile app. Especially alphabetically.

Moderator Edit: Format

Labels (3)
200 Comments
Bweekzzz
Underground

Any news on sorting options yet? On all platforms, and all categories. Not just stations in alphabetical order. 

mswaney
Local Performer

I am cancelling and moving to amazon because they provide controls of playlist like sort by title/artist that allow u to see duplicate and arrange play orders, yaaah

Bweekzzz
Underground

How about we finally get some real sorting options for all categories on all platforms. Not just stations or artists in alphabetical order on mobile. How about alphabetical, recent, and every other option for all categories on all platforms (mobile, desktop, carplay). It really is a basic feature on all other streaming services, and we on Pandora pay just as much, and sometimes more than other services. Come on already. This feature should not have to be requested!

Bweekzzz
Underground

So if there are 400 feature requests and only 18 have been closed, what’s the point of this forum? Pandora can’t even get the basic sorting features done, so again, why this forum? That’s 4.5% of requests closed/approved/even considered. Are we to believe this forum is nothing but a waste of time?  

vizetelly
Local Performer
Agreed!

sent via wireless wire
daleslad
On the Rise

I agree also,  I've been asking the same thing.   About the only good thing about this forum are the people running it.  They are super nice guys but I don't know how they sleep at night.  

EastRaddish
Local Performer

As my collection of artists becomes more and more expansive, it's becoming overwhelming to select music in the A-Z organization method, at some point it seems, being able to sort your music by genre becomes super critical, I could make playlists but as someone who prefers to listen to albums through, this just doesn't work. 

I wonder what Pandora is working on to solve this issue, as I'm sure I'm not the first person with this issue.

odedbenami
Local Performer

Preposterous that this isn't available yet.

brians078
Local Performer

OMG! I can not believe that this isnt there. I thought I was just missing something. Give me a break Pandora devs. This is very very easy to do. This should reside in a DB somewhere that you can pre-sort depending on user preferences. Have settings on the Playlist screens for sort option if you can't do it dynamically. I see the DIVs are all draggable and your building them in the BackstageLayout. You can even implement sorts by any data stored - including artist. How many years since this feature has been asked? If your current devs can't do this - you need new devs. Or a new IS Manager, hire me, Ill fire the lot of ya and listen to the people paying my salary - the members. So disappointing.....

alpran
Local Performer

I pay for premium.  A few years ago I asked if there is a way to sort a playlist, by song title or author.  At that time the answer was "no."  I just read through the multitude of posts in this string.  I see that many users have posted the same question and the answer apparently still is "no." 

I do not understand why Pandora cannot come up with a solution to sort songs in a playlist by song title or artist. It is particularly frustrating when the same song is in the playlist multiple times, like the Thumbs Up playlist.  It is very tedious to go through a playlist with several hundred songs and try to find duplicates so you can pare it down to one of that song.  It also is very tedious to drag a song to elsewhere in a playlist to try to organize the playlist and to eliminate duplicates when there are several hundred songs in the playlist. 

Heck, if you can remember iTunes, it was a feature in iTunes way back when.

Please, Pandora, give us a sort feature for playlists.

Al