cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Educator/Teacher Discount Subscription

Ideas: Educator/Teacher Discount Subscription

LadyChaos
Underground

We have been asked to play music as our students enter and I love using Pandora. Unfortunately, some of the ads about wine stains and others don't seem appropriate for my students. I would have to pay for an ad-free account on my own - is there a reduced rate for teachers?

Labels (1)
35 Comments
etrussoni
Local Performer

I agree, it would be great to be able to use Pandora in my classroom but I don't trust that the adds would be appropriate for my class.

Anna82gemini
Local Performer

Any updates on teacher discount ? That would be really good selling point for people to switch from iTunes to pandora. 

CarolinaSteve
Local Performer

I am a teacher also and I sometimes play music in the classroom using my account.  Yet from the terms of use, it appears doing so may violate the terms granted for individual, non-commercial use.  I'd be great if Pandora would clarify this use.  I do not feel I deserve any special discount over non-teachers.

Cnidae
Local Performer

As a high school teacher I have to agree. Love your platform and selection of music but the ads are distracting and sometimes inappropriate for kids. Would love to see an option for an education/military/first responder discount like many other companies provide. 

duskdl
Local Performer

I am a teacher as well and would love a discount so I could play music without worrying about what kind of ads are playing.  It would also be nice with no ads when I am giving an assessments.  The commercial breaks are a distraction.

anonymouskate
Local Performer

Does Pandora have a discount for educators? We are coming into campaigning season and I don't need those ads interrupting my classroom.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@anonymouskate I moved your post over to this existing feature request: Teacher Plan

We don't currently have a plan available for teachers.

I recommend upvoting this thread with a ❤️if you'd like to see this option available on Pandora.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community!

AShumbo
Local Performer

Same!  I am a teacher and would actually GET an account if there was a discount, seeing as Iʻd be paying with my own money.

eva1
Local Performer
Hello what is teacher plan is on pandora

Sent from my iPhone
GCarmack
Local Performer

You offer a 50% discount for students. I teach career & tech ed to high school juniors and seniors. Most of my students make more money than I do 1 after graduating high school! Teachers need the discount...not students.