cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Control playback across devices

Ideas: Control playback across devices

21wahoo
Underground

Spotify Connect lets you control playback across your devices, and easily switch which device you're listening on. It's an enormously convenient feature. You can play music from your TV and control it with your phone. Or you can listen on your computer, but if you're getting ready to walk away, you can switch to your phone.

It would make Pandora an even more effective competitor if it had something similar.

More details here.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

39 Comments
ItsTheGuz
Local Performer

I like to control where my music plays, from my phone. Currently, on Spotify, I can easily connect my phone to my car via bluetooth and my daughter can DJ by playing songs but selecting my phone as the device. It just has really good play-to controls. If Pandora get's lossless and Spotify-like play functionality, I will drop my other streaming services and stick with Pandora only.

DerkWehler
Local Performer

I do not like using the Sonos app, so I switched to Spotify because I can play to various targets from within the app.  If Pandora did this, I would change back in a heartbeat.  Also it would be great if there was a desktop app for windows 7 (with same Sonos functionality); I do not want to use 10.

Beer_Jesus
Local Performer

I often play Pandora from the firestick on my TV (hooked to the living room sound system, and can play in the backyard) and would like to be able to Thumbs Up or see the song and artist from my phone as I enjoy a cold beer on the patio without having to get up and come back in the house to check the TV. Is this possible?... View more

Beer_Jesus
Local Performer

I would LOVE to be able to control my Pandora (running on my TV) from my cell phone.  Add me to the plus one list for this!!

phoenix_rising
Local Performer

Would really love to have this feature!! I want to stop using Spotify because I just prefer Pandora in almost every way -- except that I can't continue listening to the same song/station/playlist/album after switching to a different device. Pandora's lack of such a feature has been what's kept me from fully leaving Spotify behind.

mgstan
Local Performer

+1. Switched from Spotify recently and this is definitely my most missed feature.

MusicFan7623
Local Performer

Same as everyone else - I'm hoping to switch from Spotify to Pandora, but this might be a dealbreaker! I'm constantly bouncing around and it would be super helpful to start something on my phone and use my computer keyboard to skip songs, etc.

saxophone_dude
Local Performer

i want to be able to remotely control my music....   for example my pc is connected to my home entertainment system playing Pandora.  I want to be able to remotely change the track or volume from say my android app or iPhone/iPad  from anywhere in the house. . . 

oddlysketchy
Local Performer

This feels like a needed feature especially when casting to another device. I noticed on my phone if I navigate away from Pandora and navigate back I lose control in Pandora. So the device I am casting to just keeps playing and I have no control to Thumb up/Down, play/pause or skip.

To get control back I would have to play something on my phone then force the device to stop, then recast to it.

The Device I am casting to is a Sonos system, that I do not have my Pandora account linked to. I am currently on a premium trial, after dropping Spotify. I am debating on sticking with pandora or just go with something else at this point.

mcosta1348
Local Performer

Translation from Pandora on Feature Request...  Don't hold your breath.  I've been waiting over one year from them on simple requests and bug fixes....  They seem to have just a small staff, and are overwhelmed.