cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Higher Audio Quality

Ideas: Higher Audio Quality

pboser
Underground

How about higher audio quality?  Amazon has introduced this feature, and others have been ahead of Pandora as well.  It would be great to have the Genome Project advantage with higher audio quality.  Do others agree?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
284 Comments
Blazin383
Local Performer

So I see a ton of questions about resolution but don't see a single response from Pandora in answer to the inquiries.  Is this just a place to vent, or is Pandora providing any input?  I like Pandora's format better than the others I've subscribed to, but I didn't pay thousands for high end audio equipment to listen to overly compressed streaming!  Come on Pandora... what say you?

Troy
Local Performer

Dear pandora. Turning down the volume for us is a bad idea here’s why. We are all gonna turn up the volume on the physical device we are listening on then When you go to another app you will blow out your eardrums. You turn it down we turn it up. As an music producer I’m aware of the volume regulation pandora and other platforms use to help regulate the volume between songs. But you guys are over doing it. Please set this to the same number LUFS as Amazon/Spotify/Apple Music/YouTube or at least an average there of. This is so annoying and makes pandora not “sound “as good as the other platforms out there. Just tryin to help everyone. This doesn’t matter which device my earbuds or AVR or car it’s all the same I have to crank the volume on the playback device then when a call comes in it’s crazy loud( the phone call that is) or if I switch apps. We would all really appreciate it and it will help pandora sound better to the people who don’t understand that to the human ear louder always sounds better (within reason) please fix the volume regulation on all iOS android and browsers thank you ever so much

KevinEyewanders
Local Performer

Moderators - whoever just merged the last comment from Troy didn't understand that comment. It has little to do with higher bitrate file requests that this thread/topic is about. 

Bri-an
Underground

Hello Everyone!

If you haven't given this thread a like (click the heart), please do so we can get this to the top of the Feature Requests list!

It's at 37 likes right now.

https://community.pandora.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Higher-Audio-Quality/idi-p/1046

Thanks.

P.S. here is a helpful thread on Pandora audio quality: https://community.pandora.com/t5/Other-Devices/Highest-quality-playback/td-p/16267

boulderskies
Opening Act

the decision makers at Pandora already know this is something customers are asking for; we've been asking for it for years.

they could at least issue a response to those of us who have taken the time to repeatedly request it.

dkodko
Local Performer

Hello People at Pandora,

Could you get 24-bit audio?  Amazon Music HD is at 16-bit audio, and I did hear 24-bit audio before on Tidal, and it sounds excellent.  If you need to charge me a reasonable increase in price I would definitely buy.  Thanks.   

ktorster
On the Rise

I have noticed that the standard bitrate is louder than high quality, and depending on the situation almost sounds better.

But, we really need higher quality for sure. An EQ wouldn’t hurt either  

Music123
Local Performer

I love pandora but will be dropping the service and using amazon and Spotify (even though it’s not a high quality as I would like).  

photrain
Local Performer

I have listened to Pandora for years as a Premium Subscriber.  I mainly listen using the access through my blue-ray players.  The sound is heard on my stereo or home theater systems.  Pandora's sound quality is very low.  It sounds dull compared CD's.  I have been looking into other sources that offer high sound quality.  I do not listen Pandora on mobile devices.  They all have terrible speakers and I am not particularly  interested in using ear buds.  It would sure be nice if Pandora upgraded their sound quality for home audio devices.

DaveOzric
Local Performer

They must be struggling. If they don't get on board with this they will fail eventually. All the good services have high quality or at least 320 mp3.