cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Higher Audio Quality

Ideas: Higher Audio Quality

pboser
Underground

How about higher audio quality?  Amazon has introduced this feature, and others have been ahead of Pandora as well.  It would be great to have the Genome Project advantage with higher audio quality.  Do others agree?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
284 Comments
rktchip
Underground

Please increase the sound quality like Apple or Amazon.

LoganSigle
Local Performer
Ya I would agree man
rktchip
Underground

This is really surprising and no wonder the music sounds better on every other music provider:

https://community.pandora.com/t5/Other-Devices/In-home-device-audio-quality/m-p/79803/highlight/true...

Quote:

Currently, most in-home devices receive 128k MP3 audio - whether the account is free or paid.

Mobile devices receive a variety of different rates depending on the capability of the device and the network they are on, but never more than 64k AAC+.

On our website, Pandora plays 64k AAC+ for free listeners and 192k for Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers.

Adubs
Opening Act

As a reminder, make sure you guys are liking the OP.  Nothing changes unless we make ourselves heard, and that will send a clear message.

Michael3
Underground
What are you referring to "liking the OP?"
Adubs
Opening Act

Clicking the heart on the first post. OP meaning original post or original poster.

freddiep7
Local Performer

LOL, doesn't seem to me that clicking on the heart will make a difference. It would have by now, Not sure why Pandora is ignoring the request for better quality sound. I mean they are charging what other music stream providers are with subpar audio. 

MarkMusic
Local Performer
They were bought out by Sirius XM. probably no one over there cares.

Imagine having so much stock market money you could just let your
company go to sh*t?

amazing
jpayne4537
Local Performer

I whole heartedly agree. Pandora has a muffled sound compared the the crisper sound of Apple Music, especially their Spatial Audio format.

My other gripe is the algorithm for selecting “like” music. Whoever does this has no discerning ear for music in many genres. Ask for Mozart, and you get any generalized classical music format. Same for Rock. I’m a long time subscriber to Pandora, but the competition is leaving it in the proverbial dust.

rubb1sh
Local Performer

I had to unsubscribe. 192kbps is pathetic in 2021, honestly.