cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Higher Audio Quality

Ideas: Higher Audio Quality

pboser
Underground

How about higher audio quality?  Amazon has introduced this feature, and others have been ahead of Pandora as well.  It would be great to have the Genome Project advantage with higher audio quality.  Do others agree?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
284 Comments
KevinEyewanders
Local Performer

Well that's it. Finally unsubscribing from these forum threads after a couple years (and many many more before this forum). Seems it's all but futile. This is not the same Pandora. Good luck to all that remain.

EddieV
Local Performer

I have been a supporter of Pandora since it’s infancy. I have a lot of Sonos equipment and am disappointed with the audio quality of Pandora. I am a subscriber to SonosHD. The sound is a real step up!  Sonos HD doesn’t have the music genome  of Pandora and it’s play list is not as good. How about it Pandora let’s offer HD!

boulderskies
Opening Act

re: High Resolution Audio

hello,

i fully realize this has been requested before, one time by me...but i'm going to try again: can we PLEASE have a tier reserved for high resolution music? meaning, CD quality and above?

at the very least, could we at least get some offical response or status from Pandora themselves (not a moderator) on their stance on High Resolution Audio?

Scott

boulderskies
Opening Act

as a feature request for high resolution audio has been posted many times before with a significant number of Likes, this is a request for Pandora Engineering/Management to issue a Status Update including ETA on this particular request.

thank you,

Scott

Michael_I
Local Performer

I pay for the Pandora's highest audio quality (192kbps MP3), which I can get on my computer, but I can only get 128kbps on my Denon AVR using the HEOS app. This is really kind of lame.

I am trying out Amazon Music HD, and I can play 24-bit/192kHz tracks (3700 kbps) on my Denon AVR. 

Why not at least allow your highest quality on all devices capable of that quality?

Pandora, I'M ASKING YOU!

boulderskies
Opening Act

my situation exactly except on an Marantz AVR. pretty frustrating in this day and age...

scott

kamaaina1
Local Performer

Agree!  Higher Quality ---- Higher Quality! 🤓

user7
Underground

I really like Pandora, but only using Pandora FREE until they upgrade the streaming quality/bitrate.  Upgrading to a higher quality stream does not seem to be a priority for Pandora.  Maybe they make more money from ads and would prefer free users.  Pandora is nearly always ranked at the bottom in streaming quality/bitrate.  If you are spending money, go with another service, any other service probably sounds better.  

MarkMusic
Local Performer

For the love of music!!!!!!!!!!
We were listening to BETTER quality 35 years ago because we had CDs. When I compare ANY MP3 stream to Qobuz's CD quality there's a significant difference in bass, highs, every aspect of the sound as it has not been reduced to 10% of the file size and sounding like cardboard, as is the case with MP3.

As far as I know Apple, and most others aren't offering CD quality and with Pandora's market share you could CRUSH the competition and give people REAL quality.

Millions of people (the younger generation) have never heard high quality sound and think that MP3 quality is all there is... they don't even know the difference.

It's like the movie Total Recall... the Oxygen was available on Mars all along but was kept from the people. 🙂

people WOULD pay an extra $10/mo or whatever for this. I believe the term HD (as in high definition) is marketable in today's vernacular, or perhaps HQ or CD or whatever.

I wish EVERYONE shared the same passion for HIGH QUALITY music that I do.

PLEASE revolutionize music once again! 🙂

MarkMusic
Local Performer

For the love of music!

We were listening to better quality 35 years ago because we had CDs. When I compare ANY MP3 stream to Qobuz's CD quality there's a significant difference in bass, highs, every aspect of the sound as it has not been reduced to 10% of the file size and sounding like cardboard, as is the case with MP3.  This was OK years ago when bandwidth wasn't available but now we're streaming 4K Movies... we can handle CD quality sound via internet.

As far as I know Apple, and most others aren't offering CD quality and with Pandora's market share you could crush the competition and give people real quality.

Millions of people (the younger generation) have never heard high quality sound and think that MP3 quality is all there is... they don't even know the difference. Sad and painful!

It's like the movie Total Recall... the Oxygen was available on Mars all along but was kept from the people. 🙂

people would pay an extra $10/mo or whatever for this. I believe the term HD (as in high definition) is marketable in today's vernacular, or perhaps HQ or CD or whatever.

I wish everyone shared the same passion for high quality music that I do.

Please revolutionize music once again! 🙂

Moderator Edit: Format