cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Higher Audio Quality

Ideas: Higher Audio Quality

pboser
Underground

How about higher audio quality?  Amazon has introduced this feature, and others have been ahead of Pandora as well.  It would be great to have the Genome Project advantage with higher audio quality.  Do others agree?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
284 Comments
Thebisonman
Local Performer

I too expect better sound quality. That is why I left for Tidal over a year ago.

Also please get the queue function on my laptop using the web and not a app!

Clock is ticking I will wait two months and if nothing changes I will be gone for good.

Wiretec
Local Performer

I have switched to Tidal for the high quality audio. I will switch back to Pandora immediatly if they offer high quality lossles audio. 

MarkMusic
Local Performer
I too am on Tidal now. like listening to CDs (and better).
I can actually hear all of the sounds in the music again!
user7
Underground

Adios!  This long time subscriber lost interest in Pandora.  Better options available.  Buying CD's again (one time expense, forgot how amazing they sound!) and for anywhere/streaming, really enjoying TIDAL HiFi Plus!!

• Innovative Audio Formats Up to 9216 kbps Master Quality audio, Dolby Atmos, Sony 360 Reality Audio, and HiFi
  • 90M+ songs and 450K+ videos
  • Ad-free
  • Listen offline with unlimited skips
  • TIDAL Connect Listen in all innovative and immersive audio formats on your supported devices
  • Direct Artist Payouts Up to 10% of your subscription is directed to the artists you listen to the most
  • Track and share how your listening habits impact your favorite artists
  • Expert curated playlists
TedJanssen
Local Performer

Pandora should leapfrog other technologies and stream in HD. It would help them with greater market share.

MarkMusic
Local Performer
New here are you? we've been shouting this for a couple of years
now. Pandora doesn't care.
cabotcove
Underground

Pandora hasn’t answered or acknowledged any of this and probably don’t even read these anymore. Sad to say it’s just probably not going to happen, people. If they can’t even reach Apple Music / Spotify standards after all these years — don’t hold your breath for hi res. 

chulohock
Underground
I've given up and no longer use the service.

Get Outlook for Android<>
MarkMusic
Local Performer
I've held on only for their ability to serve up music I want to hear
on the stations, without having to specifically select individual
songs, however I hear Apple's new service does this really well.
I have Tidal as well for their unmatched quality (it sounds like the
original CD and not altered) however pandora's genome (give you want
to hear) technology is far better than Tidal's. But again I may try
Apple as they've made recent changes that may give excellent quality
and automatic music selection.
chulohock
Underground
Nothing compares to music genome - that's for sure. However, I find that I get more musical enjoyment when listening through my headphones to services like Amazon music and Tidal. It's been a while since I've used Apple Music for Android but I might circle back and give that another shot.

Get Outlook for Android<>