cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Higher Audio Quality

Ideas: Higher Audio Quality

pboser
Underground

How about higher audio quality?  Amazon has introduced this feature, and others have been ahead of Pandora as well.  It would be great to have the Genome Project advantage with higher audio quality.  Do others agree?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
284 Comments
bryanlbaker
Local Performer

I agree with everyone here who wants higher quality audio. As much as I hate getting sucked farther into the Apple sphere, Apple Music has quality that even my old ears can tell the difference. If anyone’s reading the comments who actually has a job at Pandora, please pay attention.

Aqualung812
Local Performer

Pandora was my first paid streaming service. I still pay for it, despite also having an Apple Music Family plan.
However, the more I listen to Apple Music, the more I'm hearing a quality difference. It's so noticeable that when Pandora plays a song I really love to crank up, I hear the quality issues and ask Siri to play the same exact song in Apple Music.

I'll be ending my subscription in December unless higher quality audio is available in Sonos.

freddiep7
Local Performer

My question is, when is Pandora going to go to 320kbps? All other services offer it.

Adubs
Opening Act

The quality on pandora is honestly such a joke at this point, its like they want to sink.

cabotcove
Underground

It doesn’t even need to be lossless, but c’mon offer us 320 at least. So many songs sound like they were compressed using the first ever available encoder from 2001.  Also the volume levels from song to song can be significant too, very frustrating.
Even if you subscribe to premium you can’t get past 192mp3 which is same max bitrate they offered eons ago. 

Do they just not care? Is there a technical reason why they can’t simply re-encode the source files to a higher bitrate? Maybe they don’t have access to the source files anymore to do this? So many questions. 

MarkMusic
Local Performer

1) The Genome stuff, where you make a station and it chooses the songs is Awesome!
(the ONLY reason I've stayed this long)

2) The sound quality **ahem** and Pandora doesn't give a flying **ahem**. 
I just got an apple music account ... CD Quality.. MUCH better. 

freddiep7
Local Performer

So, does anyone at Pandora ever reply to any of these comments? Are we just wasting our time asking for at least 320kbps? What’s the deal? From comments here I see that this is an ongoing issue for years. Hello Pandora, any updates on sound quality? 

MarkMusic
Local Performer

nope... they honestly dont care

Listener001
Not applicable

Frustrating they haven't committed to this yet. Pandora was on the forefront of streaming radio stations, and now - is it actually the only one left without a HD quality tier?

MarkMusic
Local Performer

After doing A LOT of research and trying various providers (including
apple) I switched to Tidal as it truly IS the best, most accurate, sound.