cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Import/export music from or to other platforms

Ideas: Import/export music from or to other platforms

winged_one
Underground

I have a lot of playlists saved as text or CSV documents and no way to upload them to Pandora

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
75 Comments
MusicIsForever
Diamond in the Rough

Seems like a good idea. Might make for a good freeware program to have a playlist converter. For example, I have a blog, and often I want to show a picture for my blog. This means I have to use a 3rd party website to do my dirty work. First, I make the picture in Chrome's spreadsheet program. Then, I save it as a PDF in Chrome's word processor program. Then, I go to a PDF converter page, crop it, and turn it into a JPEG file. Next, I download it to my computer. Then, I put it in the blog so that when I share it, that picture comes up on Facebook in the share. And next, I share it on Twitter, I have to upload the picture to my post. (All this is for no profit. I love music and my blog is a labor of love.) But you see how much I have to do to, and it would be nice if there was a computer program that could just simplify everything by drag and drop; I have this, make it into what I want. I can't imagine there is no computer file used for specific playlists, so it should be possible.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Thanks for your suggestion, @JimTheFrog! 🎶

winged_one
Underground

Thanks!

Zachary
Local Performer

In a similar way to how it’s done on Spotify. Users with a membership should be able to import their music from their phone or computer’s purchased song library. This would allow them to add them to their playlists. Other users and devices would not be able to access another users imported songs to avoid any legal issues. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Zachary. 👋

Thanks so much for your suggestion! I moved your post over to an existing feature request to import tunes: Import / Upload Music From Other Streaming Platforms

Be sure to click on the ❤️ to upvote this idea! 

kmgriep
Underground

What program is best to use for importing music into Pandora?

jlrenzel
Local Performer

I want to upload my music from Windows Media Player, for example, to Pandora using my paid premium subscription and listen to it later like I can on Amazon Unlimited or Google Music. Please add this feature!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @jlrenzel. 👋

To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this existing Feature Request: Import / Upload Music From Other Streaming Platforms

Please click on the ❤️ icon to vote on seeing this suggestion implemented on Pandora. Hope to see you around the community more often! 🎶

capncap
Local Performer

A song I love is not on Pandora so I purchased it but I can't seem to upload it to my Pandora account so it's available in my playlist or intermixed in my stations.  This would be a HUGE benefit for those us with big collections of music MP3's (and other formats).

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Thank you for your suggestion, @capncap!