cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Increase 250 Station Limit

Ideas: Increase 250 Station Limit

DanikusPurmeow
Underground

I love using Pandora, and i have discovered So much different types of music. Often ill look up random words just to discover a new artist or genere. A 250 station limit is Not enough, on a regular basis I will have to delete a station to make a space to discover a new artist, or even to simply play what a coworker has requested to listen to. It is a Constant struggle for me to maintain my pandora due to the limit, I often shuffle the wide vareity of my music, and deleting the wrong station for another can drastically offset the flow of my shuffle but having one genere out-weigh another. I have been an on/off premuim user. But i would Never stop paying for pandora if i had Unlimited station access.

Thanks for reading!!

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
16 Comments
AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Thanks for your idea, @DanikusPurmeow!

lookitsmichelle
Local Performer

I agree! Or making it easier to delete large batches of older stations. Usually when I have to confirm to delete a station it have to click it so many times! 

Dogqueen
Local Performer

This isn’t a question, but I just want to let you guys know that I joined the Pandora community today and I think it be awesome if they added more stations than 250 because I’m a Pandora user that sometimes has challenge deciding what to delete in order to make room for more stations just my thoughts hope that can be considered.

TannerPandora

Hi @Dogqueen Thanks for posting! I moved your message over to our Feature Request board, specifically the thread: Station limit

Don't forget to vote! The more votes an idea gets the more likely that it will be looked at for our roadmap at some point. 

Thanks for visiting!

Dogqueen
Local Performer

Where do I go to vote?

simonicus
Underground

More than 250 stations would be great.  Verizon has 120 million subscribers.  Handling large amounts of data is what makes technology companies successful.  

Also more songs on the stations wouldn't hurt.  And a better user interface.  Deleting a station and adding a new one and including it in Shuffle takes a lot of click and has done for years.    I've been using Pandora for over 10 years and not much has changed. Except there are a lot more alternative now at the same price.  Might be time to try something new. 

edelstone
Local Performer

Back when the station limit was 100, this was precisely the reason why I left Pandora for a competitor. When I hit 100 I just started looking for an alternative and found one easily. 250 is a nice improvement but I like to add a new station about once every couple days, and that wouldn't last long. I assume this must be a very large infrastructure task and probably has a lot to do with Pandora's older codebase, otherwise they'd just hit a switch and get it done. Still, in the new age of streaming music, it's weird to have any limits.

jackfergen8
Local Performer

I think that Pandora's genre stations are its best feature, but I don't have enough room to put all of the genre stations along with artists I like. I think that adding unlimited stations would improve the service.

Dogqueen
Local Performer

OK I’ll admit that there is somewhat improvement because now you can create stations but I hate how the station gets removed when you create a 251st station which in my opinion doesn’t seem right because it could remove the station you like without you even knowing until you go through all your stations so I think there needs to be a better option like what I mentioned and can anybody tell me where to go and vote on a feature request? I have no idea how to do this as I’m fairly new to this Pandora Community

dohnarnao41960
Local Performer

I also listen to Pandora and would like to listen to more than 250 stations. I love Pandora I've used it over 5 years give or take.