cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Lock for creating new stations on Alexa & Google

Ideas: Lock for creating new stations on Alexa & Google

m_alvare5
Underground

Hi everyone.  I'm super annoyed with Alexa creating a new station everytime it misunderstands what we requested.  It creates dozens of new stations every week and adds it to My Collection.  We need a way to prevent this behavior.  Maybe a lock mechanism where you need a three digit pin number to create a new station, that way Alexa or the kids won't create stations I don't want.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
155 Comments
2beersmax
Local Performer

I am having the same problem.  I am very close to returning this portal device because I am setting it up for my elderly mother and there is no way she will understand why it keeps adding hip hop junk to her collection of gospel music.  Even harder for her will be to prevent it from playing this junk as I am much more savvy and the Portal pulls up what ever station is handy and adds it to your collection, forever polluting it with unwanted music. Very annoying! I hope there is an update available soon if not already for Portal or Pandora to prevent this from happening. How hard is it to prevent your collection from being changed?  What would happen if you set up a collection for young kids and then they get to listen to the suggestive music of today? Seems to be a  no brainer.

cabotcove
Underground

Yes to this as well. Also, if you don’t delete the stations made by alexa you don’t want — they add up and eventually start deleting the stations you intentionally made so they can make room due to station limits. 

please have a setting to allow disabling the creation of stations from non native apps. 

molson
Local Performer

Recently Alexa + Pandora have been creating stations that duplicate the seed of existing stations, and have the same name as well. Please allow me to block Alexa from creating anything new.

oogiedoogie
Underground

Fix this already!

dat280zxt
Local Performer

Required. 

Tired of deleting so many stations.

Rather use another free option like plug.dj or iheartradio and go back to listening to ads.

Will cancel subscription soon. Has been long enough with this as a known requested feature.

JessicaLee
Underground

Over 80 posts, 142 likes, and a year to "gauge interest"; it's in the top 5 most liked feature requests. Can someone @Pandora commit to this already? Please?

flaham
Local Performer

I have hundreds of song alike stations created by my daughters in their Alexa devices. Impossible to keep stations organized, and I cannot longer 'shuffle' play.

FIX THIS ASAP!!

kleeh
Underground

I'm adding my name to this "Worst Feature Ever" thread. I don't want new stations created simply because I 'liked' something.  Regardless of whether it's Pandora or Alexa or my dead grandma doing it. There should have to be some sort of confirmation in order to create a new station. I **SHOULD** be able to add whatever I "liked" to an EXISTING station.

soulesrm
Local Performer

YES PLEASE! This is super frustrating.

JR2
Local Performer

Here is what I believe is going on!  When I play music on my home Google devices for some reason the stations get added to my Pandora account. Very frustrating.