cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Lock for creating new stations on Alexa & Google

Ideas: Lock for creating new stations on Alexa & Google

m_alvare5
Underground

Hi everyone.  I'm super annoyed with Alexa creating a new station everytime it misunderstands what we requested.  It creates dozens of new stations every week and adds it to My Collection.  We need a way to prevent this behavior.  Maybe a lock mechanism where you need a three digit pin number to create a new station, that way Alexa or the kids won't create stations I don't want.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
155 Comments
navyboiler
Local Performer

please stop adding stations based on 1 song request.  too many stations added to Pandora. 

SJO
Underground

Yep, this feature has my vote.  Google created a second "Thumprint Radio" station on my account, not sure where it came from.  all of a sudden all of my favorite music wasn't my favorite any longer.  I got the first clue after I thumbs downed a couple of songs which should have never made it to my favorites in the first place.

While we are on the subject, the truth is that Google does not play nice with Pandora.  It does not recognize any of the existing stations and I have tried (without success) to give my stations very distinct and recognizable names, like "80s rock" or "Easy Listening".  My favorite google default answer (it actually annoys the **ahem** out of me) for any request to my mini is "OK I'll play some music on Pandora" OK, Google just STOP.  Maybe I should go back to listening to a battery operated AM radio, at least there I'll know what I am getting.

789gbkj
Underground

Yes please!  This made me unlink my Pandora account from Alexa.  Every song my kids request on Alexa becomes a new station I don't want on my Pandora account.  Allow and option to turn this off!

JessicaLee
Underground

Just for anyone who's responded here but hasn't liked the suggestion, be sure to scroll to the top and hit the 🤍 button! (it will be a filled blue heart 💙 when you've liked it, if it's white, click it). I'm pretty sure this is the primary metric Pandora goes by when looking at what's most popular.

bb_pc
Underground

I would really appreciate a way to be able to lock stations in my account to ensure they cannot be deleted accidentally. I have stations that I've been curating for over a decade and it would be far too easy to accidentally remove one of these, especially through a linked voice system (like Alexa).

To me, the ideal solution would be a way to lock the current set of stations so that no more can be created and none can be removed without entering a password. This would ensure that stations aren't added when I request a single song (again, Alexa, I'm looking at you) and also ensures that my long-time stations are safe.

Danielle1cali
Local Performer

When will this be resolved. It is a constant problem. 

cdmorris24
Local Performer

Yes!  Android Auto does this to me too.

SJO
Underground

Hi, I'm back.  I am unsure how this is even possible but Google pulled a completely random "Thumbprint Radio" from I don't know where, upon my request "Hey Google, play Thumbprint Radio by Pandora" and added it to my account then started playing it. I saw the post from someone asking how to get multiple thumbprint radio stations on their account, well here is your answer.  I know this isn't necessarily Pandora's problem (Definitely a Google problem). I am just about ready to use the google mini for what it was truly intended, an expensive paper weight, though it would probably function nicely as a decorative rock in my garden as well. (So fed up with Google)

MusicFan0128
Local Performer

This is a very annoying problem, makes me feel like I'm wasting my money paying for Pandora when terribly annoying issues like this are completely ignored by by Pandora support.  After searching through this forum for solutions to numerous issues, no solutions are ever provided, only responses like "THANKS SO MUCH FOR BEING AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF THE COMMUNITY, THATS A GREAT IDEA CHECK OUT THIS YEARS OLD THREAD FULL OF PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE SAME ISSUE! THANKS SO MUCH!"

Protectmylist
Local Performer

Please just make a feature where you can lock your “my stations” collection.