cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Lock for creating new stations on Alexa & Google

Ideas: Lock for creating new stations on Alexa & Google

m_alvare5
Underground

Hi everyone.  I'm super annoyed with Alexa creating a new station everytime it misunderstands what we requested.  It creates dozens of new stations every week and adds it to My Collection.  We need a way to prevent this behavior.  Maybe a lock mechanism where you need a three digit pin number to create a new station, that way Alexa or the kids won't create stations I don't want.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
155 Comments
AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JR2 I moved your post to this existing feature request: Lock for creating new stations (Google Home - Stop creating new stations please)

Make sure to give this thread a ❤️to express your interest in seeing it added to the service as well.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

dckay7
Local Performer

My kids are constantly asking Alexa to play songs. Every time they make a request a new station created since they don't know what is on my account. I now have hundreds of station I don't want. Its very time consuming having to kept my station list cleaned up.  Please prevent Alexa from creating stations! I'm about ready to give up on using Pandora its too much of hassel when I go to play music. 

Darrenrussinger
Local Performer

You've got to stop adding/creating stations based on a song request!  Every time my 4 year old requests a song on Google Assistant, Pandora adds a bloody channel. Ridiculous. 

LynetteFoxen
Local Performer

I've read all of the replies on the first page and would like to add that I do not use Alexa or any other robot brain and I am strictly the only user who doesn't even use the suggestions option for creating longer playlists or new stations. I've been getting bombarded with new playlists that I haven't consented to that are titled in a way that suggests it's personalized but when opened it's 15 songs by one artist and maybe 2 or 3 by others-none of whom I knew existed. This suggests to me that it may be a way for the company to promote new artists who pay Pandora to 'push' them into people's accounts. I've seen the same unknown Latin female singer pop up constantly as well as Lil Jeezy? Um...

I have personally had my Pandora account for I believe 7 years or more. I had a free account for a year but have paid ever since and even went along with the hike in price. What I will Not go along with is forced advertising invading personal space that I have paid to own. I've been in this current residential location for almost 5 years and the addition of both formats of unwanted stations/lists as well as Constantly stopping my music because "someone else is listening" is total BS.  As a massive corporate conglomerate we all know that start-up level issues like these can hardly be mistakes.  With all of the other options out there, this is certainly Not the way to show customer appreciation. It's just plain unacceptable.  [And if it makes any difference, my phone is an HTC Desire 816...this thing came out in 2015 and it's the same phone I've had the entire time.  HTC doesn't even support backing it up anymore so it's impossible for it to be an upgrading issue with new technology coming in. My phone can only handle the rawest of basics and nothing more.]

k000
Local Performer

Have the same issue; it's not about unauthorized users.. it has started adding a "station" for every song requested and kids are asking for songs through Alexa and hence new stations being added.. 

Definitely very annoying and aggressive station adding behavior. 

And is also making me use Pandora less and Amazon or Google Music is used more and more,

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@k000 I moved your post over to this existing feature request: Lock for creating new stations (Alexa - Stop creating new stations please)

Make sure to upvote this thread with a ❤️as well to express your interest in seeing it added to the service.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! :pandora:

k000
Local Performer

So it's been a year since this post and no one cares at Pandora to fix it... ? ???? 

JessicaLee
Underground

@k000 they're still "gathering interest", despite the fact that this has been open over a year and is the third most upvoted feature request 😔

JR2
Local Performer

How do I do this?

Automatically create New Station when requesting a song" [yes/no]

You will see a lot of No's ...in fact, "No" should be the default setting.