cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log out other users on account

Log out other users on account

overthemoon
Opening Act

Please add a functionality to forcefully log out other users on my account. I've noticed that resetting the password doesn't always do the trick and I'll continue to get the "someone else listening" message.

374 Comments
Lindalyn
Local Performer

I should have control of who is using my account. Please help, this is irritating.

sephrimel
Local Performer

Please implement this!  Not only is it frustrating trying to figure out how to fix this issue, but realizing you have to make a forum post then WAIT for someone to do it for you is super inconvenient.  Let us control the devices that have access to our accounts after a quick verification process.

zorvek
Underground

How can you possibly expect us to maintain our sanity when you periodically scare us with this usually false accusation without giving us any additional information? You have the information, otherwise you would not be informing us of this situation. This is, in my case anyway, always some technical glitch in your software that thinks that another device is actively playing music when only one is. I have many devices and one or two may not be correctly communicating with your servers when the device is paused. Please help us help you help us.

Mlrichards66
Local Performer

This functionality should be a table stake, not an enhancement. Pandora has created this situation by blocking multiple devices. Support is not answering me and I need a way to correct the situation. 

pnwfox
Underground

Today we hooked up a new Roku, out of the box, installed Pandora, opened it for the first time and our account loaded automatically. No login, no email, no activation code, nothing. Our Pandora account logged in and ready to go. To me this clearly illustrated Pandora is using some token or wifi, or linked account authorization behind the scenes to authenticate the user. And seems VERY likely the culprit of thousands of us having mystery "listeners" using our accounts without our knowledge.

This would also explain why Pandora is actively resisting non-stop requests to provide user access to control authorized devices on their accounts.

Tooblack4africa
Local Performer

why this is not already a feature when im paying 10 bucks a month is beyond stupid. I shouldn't have to email Pandora to try and remove users or devices. I might just cancel my subscription over this bull...

Jules
Local Performer

It's kind of insane that we cannot even have control over our account security! 

thisisdumb
Local Performer

I can't believe it's 2021 and this hasn't been implemented yet.  Every other media account I have has this feature.  As it is, if I'm logged in both at work and at home, I get the annoying "Someone else is listening" pop-up after about every 3 songs, with no way to remotely log myself out of the other location.  It's annoying and stupid and makes me want to cancel Pandora and go to Spotify.

sjb204
Local Performer

I have established a family plan, and I have transitioned some of them to a different log on....but I can't tell which one of the little buggers is continuing to use my log on.

Also...I don't know what the solution is - but having a smart speaker causes weirdness to the distribution of the family plan subscriptions.  I don't know what the solution is...but your smart people:-)

beachluvr83
Local Performer

Yeah, this should be something already in place. Had an incident today where "someone else is listening", and I have no way of knowing whether it was  a breach or someone at my home. Of course, when I ask the people at home, it was "not me".