Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Add Lossless audio

Ideas: Add Lossless audio

eldogo
Underground

Hi,

Apple Music to add lossless audio for no added cost. Definitely Pandora needs to bump up the audio quality now to complete with the other music streaming services.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
29 Comments
mcmusic
Local Performer

Another request. I’ve been listening to pandora for awhile now. I just recently went to hi res stations. Holy **ahem**, I’ve been missing out on a lot of audio. 

Pandora wins with “like” systems and stations but the audio quality now.  Downloads it loses to other. I’m going to cancel my family plan as soon as I figure out which I will pick. 

I find it odd that Pandora doesn’t seem to want to offer a premium category.

cberg2048
Underground

Consolidate!!!! 

There is already a feature begging for your votes: https://community.pandora.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Higher-Audio-Quality/idi-p/1046 

mcmusic
Local Performer

Thanks @cberg2048   I upvoted but man, 2 years old and only 265 upvotes. Doesn’t look good from a data standpoint. 

think I’ll end up downgrading my Pandora to free and make playlists in tidal based on Pandora. Stupid. They could take so much market from tidal. 

cberg2048
Underground
I hear that. I am so disappointed in the path this company has taken, and
its trajectory....
billfasoli
Local Performer

I'm cancelling my pandora subscription this month for tidal. If pandora implements lossless audio, i'd gladly return because the radio functionality on tidal **ahem**. 

stronglikedan
Local Performer

I can't believe this is still an open issue. I would be a premium subscriber and an instant if you at least had 320

Trevor1
Diamond in the Rough

Yes, I can’t understand why 320  streaming at a minimum hasn’t been offered. It literally makes no sense. Every single music streaming service offers better audio quality streaming than Pandora. It seems they aren’t listening to anyone. 

rhubbard
Local Performer

Really long time Pandora listener... not sure how much longer im going to be if i cant get hi-res audio......... This is not good...... Im learning Amazon Music as i type this.... PLEASE!

geoffreybove
Underground

This is not a new idea at all - Pandora, please could you have a CD quality or lossless option?  I'm happy to pay more for that.  I put the same track on Pandora and Tidal and going back and forth, the difference is drastically clear, even streaming through chokes like a phone and/or Bluetooth.  Pandora has a clear advantage in the music choice algorithm, and let's not forget the "thumbs up" and "thumbs down" features.  But the low fidelity will have me switch to Tidal for good, or at least cancel my Pandora Premium account that I've had for a decade.