cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Dark mode for mac desktop app

Ideas: Dark mode for mac desktop app

blues-sevenfold
Diamond in the Rough

I know you have added it for mobile but the desktop apps need it too!

The mac app is one of the last apps I have that doesn't support dark mode. I feel that it's a must-have feature for those of us working late at night. My eyes would thank you!

I noticed there is a similar thread for windows open since Oct 2019 - https://community.pandora.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Dark-mode-on-desktop/idi-p/3247

Labels (1)
13 Comments
TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Thanks for the idea @blues-sevenfold! 🎧👍

Thortok2000
Underground

I have an idea that should be simple to program in order to get the variety I'm yearning for. A station with this algorithm could be called 'maximum variety' or 'variety listening' or something.

What I want is simple. First, play any song I've ever thumbed up (unless it has been played too recently). Then, or if not enough thumbed up songs remain, play any song you think I might like (unless it has been played too recently).

I literally want it to alternate between a thumbed up song and a not-yet-rated song, 1 and 1, back and forth, never doing 2 of the same type in a row (unless there's not enough thumbed up songs in which case it would only play recommendations until enough time passes to be able to play thumbed up songs again).

The time frame for "too recently" could either be set by the user, or dynamically increased by combining the total running time of all thumbed up songs. I think the latter would be better. The more songs they thumb up, the more variety they get.

That's what I want. And I'm wiling to pay a higher monthly fee for it. If you get it exactly right I'd even pay like up to $50 a month for it. Please.

(Also, the required tagging of posts is a really annoying system. Please consider removing.)

TannerPandora

Thanks for the great idea and feedback @Thortok2000! 👍

mvarilek
Underground

Love this.

timothyboger
Local Performer

MORE VARIETY ON ALL CHANNELS NOT THE SAME 10 OR 20 SONGS! 

mags
Local Performer

I agree with both Thortok2000 and timothyboger. I have a station with about 40 artists/bands on it and in the last 5 songs I heard the same band twice and the singer from that band once. All songs were previously liked.

How does that happen? Only liked songs? Only a subset of the artists/bands in the station?

Anything to improves/expand the variety is appreciated.

mags
Local Performer

20 minutes later, the last two songs played were from the same band AND same album. How? Just how?

robi529
Underground

I know you have added it for mobile but the desktop apps need it too!

The mac app is one of the last apps I have that doesn't support dark mode. I feel that it's a must-have feature for those of us working late at night. My eyes would thank you!

I noticed there is a similar thread for windows open since Oct 2019 - https://community.pandora.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Dark-mode-on-desktop/idi-p/3247

TannerPandora

I'd really love this to @robi529! Thanks for the feedback, you have my vote. 👍🏻

Swizz50
Local Performer

Add me to the list of people who want Dark Mode on Mac Desktop. I couldn't believe that it wasn't an option when I downloaded the app last night. Hopefully the developers can create this for us late night listeners.