cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More artist/band biographies

More artist/band biographies

blankface
Opening Act

I love the music, but I’m often curious about the biographies of composers and artists.  Some of these bios are truly fantastic, but a lot of bands and composers don’t have any Pandora bio to go along with their music.

In a separate thread, I suggested that this might make finding an artist easier without inadvertently winding up listening to a band which may be musically nothing like what you are looking for.  However, I feel this idea would be better served in its own thread.

Labels (4)
3 Comments
AlyssaPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @blankface. 👋

I completely understand where you're coming from. I enjoy reading biographies as well.

All of the biographical and lyrical info on Pandora comes from partner services. Our partners at LyricFind provide us with lyrics, and our partners at TiVo take care of our biographies and album descriptions. Sometimes there's a little error in how we match our collection to theirs. In the meantime, I like your idea and will upvote. 👍

If you like historical information about artists, you may be interested in this :pandora:community thread: On This Day In History Of Music.

blankface
Opening Act

Thanks @AlyssaPandora.  In a separate thread, I requested additional lyrics, and my suspicion that there might be a licensing issue with including lyrics on more songs was sadly confirmed.  😞  I suppose I should contact LyricFind to get further information about that.  I guess I should also contact TiVo to see if there is more they can do to provide additional information for artists that don’t have bios.  As I wrote, I love reading the story behind the music, so off to TiVo I go.