cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: More features / options for thumbs and skips

Ideas: More features / options for thumbs and skips

kchuray
Underground

I would love if it there was such a thing as a double or triple thumbs up for songs!  For some songs, a single thumbs up doesn't adequately express how much I love a song!

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
31 Comments
TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi @kchuray  Welcome to community! Thanks for the great suggestion! 

blues-sevenfold
Diamond in the Rough

This sounds like a good idea. Double thumbs-up your favourite, and single thumbs-up those you like enough to have on your station and hear similar songs. This can also with newly created stations, if you hear a song by an artist that you like - but not that particular song, and you don't wish to add the artist as a station seed.

Maybe also soft thumbs-up for songs you wanna hear on a particular station, but not on your Thumbprint Radio or your My Thumbs Up playlist. This can help if you, say, like sounds effects or ambient stuff - which doesn't quite fit in with your more "traditional" music stuff.

Such as, for me, bird sounds and spooky sounds don't quite fit in with rock and blues.

Uuzer3498
Underground

Yes, somethign needs to change with the thumbs up algorithm.

The way it is now its worthless, I cannot thumbs up anything without hearing it every time I play a station, sometimes multiple times in the same day. I've had to remove all my thumbs ups and no longer use them.

quuxman
Underground

I'd love to see more specific options / extensions for Pandora's fundamental interface. On long press of thumbs down I'd like to see at least an option to move the track to another station. Under thumbs up I'd like to see add track to another station. Under skip I'd like options for putting that song on the shelf for a week or a month. I could easily think of more items for these menus but those 3 are definitely at the top.

Most of these requests here would require adding new UI elements, but this would not. I appreciate how simple the interface is and how well it generally works. That said I'd really like quite a lot of the popular requested features.

Psionic_nerd
Local Performer

Or maybe an option to remove that specific song from a station without messing with the artists and styles that play on it.

TannerPandora

Thanks for the suggestion @quuxman! We appreciate you taking the time. 🎧

TRMusic
Local Performer
Definitely would be useful to be able to like/dislike song specific to station. I very frequently find I have a song I like on station, that then shows up in other station because of same artist, but I don't want that song in that station. Example of how it works today: I have a station related to show tunes, a song is played by an artist that was on a soundtrack, I like the song for that station, but now I start receiving other songs by same artist that aren't necessarily soundtrack or show tune related. I do like the other song by the artist, just not in the context of that station. iTunes allows me to save specific songs from same artist into separate playlists that are better grouped.
ericerler
Underground

Being able to provide degrees of thumbs up and thumbs down would be really helpful. For example, "LOVE IT" would be a song that you want to hear as much as possible, "LIKE IT" would be a song that fits the station but maybe isn't something that you are quite in love with, "TABLE IT" would be something you aren't quite sure about but don't quite want to get rid of yet, and "HATE IT" would be a song that you don't want on the station.

I would also like the ability to indicate why a song fits a station such as genre, style, theme, artist, tempo, etc.

ericerler
Underground

Being able to provide degrees of thumbs up and thumbs down would be really helpful. For example, "LOVE IT" would be a song that you want to hear as much as possible, "LIKE IT" would be a song that fits the station but maybe isn't something that you are quite in love with, "TABLE IT" would be something you aren't quite sure about but don't quite want to get rid of yet, and "HATE IT" would be a song that you don't want on the station.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager