cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: More features / options for thumbs and skips

Ideas: More features / options for thumbs and skips

kchuray
Underground

I would love if it there was such a thing as a double or triple thumbs up for songs!  For some songs, a single thumbs up doesn't adequately express how much I love a song!

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
31 Comments
Jvliet108
Local Performer

There should be options on how thumbs are handled on stations.  

You can choose between play this song more, play more songs like this, or use both these criteria. 

I for one get tired on the same few bands and song playing every time I load a station with most of it being just my thumbed up songs.

I also wish there was a way to manually add songs as a thumb.  There are a few songs I've seeded but they have yet to play on the station.  Hours of use and many skips still but not played.  I realize I can listen on demand but I want to hear it randomly on the station.

Blaise1952
Underground

I recommend replacing the thumbs with a 5-star system like online stores use. It would afford users with a range of opinions about a song and also inform your AI with regard to the playlist.

JonasXIII
Local Performer

Be able to like a song that has already been liked, slowly building a hierarchy of songs within your lists. Disliking a liked song could simply tick the count(of likes) down. This could lead to various tiers of liked song lists. 

tmorgan1982
Local Performer

It would be great to have a thumbs up/down rating system that has different levels, like 1 through 10 or less. I like the thumbs up and down, but it seems to think that I love everything I give a thumbs up to, or vice versa with everything I give a thumbs down to. If you could incorporate different degrees or thumbs up/down, it would help me enjoy listening more.

edwarddiaz
Local Performer

please add an infinite like option for the songs

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@edwarddiaz I don't think I understand what you want exactly. If you give a song a thumbs up on a station it will remain LIKED unless you later go back and give it a thumbs down. If this isn't what you're talking about could you explain. I'll tag a couple of our moderators so they can help you but they will need you to clarify what you're asking for.

@AdamPandora @AlyssaPandora 

kchuray
Underground

I'm talking about when I really, really like a song, it's one of my very favorites.  There should be a way to tag that so it comes up more often.

david88
Underground

When using Shuffle or Thumbprint it would be great to be able to manipulate the percentage of "ThumbsUp" songs played vs songs that aren't. Another service offers this option but I love my Pandora! 🙂

edwarddiaz
Local Performer

@UncleBud what I meant to say was a like option where you can relike a song that you’ve already liked, conceptually it adds the like to a scale that gives more power to the artist. The scale would increase in color or number as people continue to like the song. There would be a limit to how many times you can like the song each time it plays so as not to allow for over saturation

tmorgan1982
Local Performer

Netflix is testing this feature now...