cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Notification for duplicate songs within playlists on web

Ideas: Notification for duplicate songs within playlists on web

Peterwwjd
Underground

I sometimes forget that I have a song already in a playlist and when I add a song already in my playlist it will duplicate it and not let me know its already in a specific  playlist I am choosing to add it.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
117 Comments
greggr
Underground

For what you pay for Pandora premium, they should offer these features.  Getting OLD Pandora.

Listener001
Not applicable

I totally agree with chiquegeek. It bothers me and frustrates me when I duplicate a song in a playlist and it takes awhile to get my station back on track. Sometimes, I've duplicated too many and with my huge playlist they are very hard to find. I noticed it stops the other songs in an album from playing. This feature is a must have. I've duplicated too many lately. I( didn't realize that I had to actually put the song in instead of the name of the album so the main title of the CDs play too along with the other songs. I learned something new about this part 😉.

pbattista
Local Performer

This is such a basic feature, it's hard to believe it is not already in the app.  Please add it.

HendJordan
Local Performer

I agree this feature is critical. In retrospect, at least having a button that would remove in bulk all duplicate songs from my playlist would be acceptable. I have a playlist of ~250 songs, which I accidentally added to itself. 2 clicks roughly per delete I'm just not going to do that, and the UI is sluggish with this many tracks on a playlist, so it's even worse than it sounds. I would consider leaving Pandora in the absence of any action on this feature. FWIW I use the web app 85% of the time. 

Listener001
Not applicable

I have a suggestion for everybody who accidentally duplicated playlists. Instead of looking for duplicated playlists you can go by each artist in the artist section and put everybody back in the way they should be with the albums in the playlists and in the station details. Just take out what was in the playlists as you go and put things back in that way and check things too. You should duplicate the Pandora tab in whatever browser you are using so it makes it easy to look through stuff. That's what I decided to do and it helps 😉. I got so lost in the duplicated playlists and still nothing was playing at all so I switched to my 60s Country station for now 'til I get my 80s Country station back the way it used to be with everybody playing again and if I come out short and don't know anybody else to put in I'm starting over deleting the 80s Country station and all my duplicated playlists 'cause this mess really stressed me out bad.

BobbyS74
Local Performer

I cannot believe this is not a feature. 

Listener001
Not applicable

I'm with you BobbyS74 I cannot believe it's not a feature either. I hope somewhere down the road this feature will be added 'cause it's a must have. If this feature had been added a long time ago we all would know that we accidentally duplicated a song or two. I know that nobody wants to start over, but sometimes it's the best thing to do even if we don't want to and writing down on paper that we've got the song or album in a playlist helps and I'm just not gonna give up 'cause this is a learning experience and I use Pandora 100% of the time when I'm home crocheting and sewing and also when I go walking too.

HendJordan
Local Performer

It's easy to accidentally add a song to a playlist more than once. Especially for those (like myself) who have large playlists that are very general-purpose (more than 100 songs). It would be great to have a button to remove duplicates from the playlist (just keep the first instance of each track and delete additional instances in place). 

warriordoc77
Local Performer

I agree 100%, please add a feature to prevent/ delete duplicates unless approved by the user. I have an android phone Galaxy S20FE.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Getsumhoss
Local Performer

On my apple devices it prompts you that your adding a duplicate song so why doesn't Android version?