cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Disable auto-generated playlists and stations

Ideas: Disable auto-generated playlists and stations

vreeland81
Underground

I would like the option of choosing whether or not Pandora generates thumbs up playlists. Can this please be a feature a user has the option of turning on or off? While I can see that other uses like it, I personally don't want to generate tens or hundreds of other playlists. Then it just makes my playlist list long and crowded and I have trouble finding what I'm looking for. This is also when I start to think Spotify has a much better user interface. 

Labels (1)
29 Comments
AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

@vreeland81 I moved your post to the Feature Request space as this is not currently an option on Pandora.

Thanks for your suggestion! 

bobtherr1
Underground

I noticed that Pandora automatically adds pre-made stations and playlists I try to My Collection. I appreciate all of the suggestions found in the For You section of the app but would like to try such a station or playlist  and then collect it myself if I like it. It's annoying to have to delete the item from my collection if I don't want it and way too presumptive on Pandora's part to automatically add these type of items.  Ideally there would be an option in settings for this.

TannerPandora

Thanks for the feedback @bobtherr1. Don't forget to ❤️The more votes an idea gets the more likely that it will be looked at for our roadmap at some point. Thanks for the suggestion!

Silverborn
Local Performer

I very much agree with this. It is beyond annoying to have several auto generated playlists when I never asked for them crowding my collection list. I thought the whole thumbs up/down system was supposed to serve as a way to curate your chosen station while you would still get new non-thumbed songs every so often? I don't want to thumbs up, only to generate a duplicate playlist for what I just spent time doing. Either give us an option to turn it off or put them on their own page so they don't take over the my collections page with dupes I never asked for.

Same thing with the auto generated stations for things like "the drop" "pop" etc. I currently have 3 "the drop" stations with wildly different themes, 20-30 songs on each and no interest in listening to any of them. Give me an option pageto exclude them from my collection list, put them on a page I can ignore or an option to turn it off completely please.

whatsinaname
Local Performer

Omg give me a break!

you could easily fix that.

how obnoxious for you to impose playlists on me and make it impossible to delete them, causing me and others to scroll past all the playlists we don’t want to get to those we have created.

does pandora have a financial interest in this situation?

Kmb
Local Performer

I have like 9 auto-generates playlists that I couldn’t care less about. At least give the option to delete them. Seriously

Starsha
Underground

I second this motion!  I don't see where to add a heart though to upvote it.  No need for all the hostility @whatsinaname , that's not going to get anything done.

TannerPandora

Hi @Kmb, glad to see you posted in FR. Thanks for the feedback on auto generated playlists. 👍🏻

In the meantime, you are able to delete playlist from your mobile device or from the web. 

To delete a playlist from your Pandora app, go to My Collection and tap the name of the playlist you'd like to delete. This will bring you to your playlist settings.

Next, tap the Edit icon below the album art, scroll down and select Delete Playlist.*

To delete a playlist from our website, click the title of the playlist from the Now Playing or My Collection page. Then hover over the check mark below the album art and click Delete Playlist.*

*Please note that you won't be able to recover a deleted playlist on your end at this time. If you accidentally delete a playlist, let us know and we can help restore it for you.

Xiregulatorix
Local Performer

Please consider adding a toggle for this feature. I mainly use Pandora via my Google smart speaker. The following scenario was happening daily and it was driving me nuts:

- I open Pandora on mobile, create a new station, and thumbs up a few songs to customize my station and recommendations

- I get home, ask Google to play "X station"

- Google speaker incorrectly interprets this as wanting to play from the auto generated thumbs up playlist. This is NOT what I want! I don't even use the thumbs up playlist

The most frustrating thing is that these playlists didn't even show up on desktop. So I assumed it was a glitch. Turns out they only showed up in mobile after going through my Pandora profile. 

Simple solution would be a toggle to disable the auto generation of these playlists PLEASE!!

bkengland
Opening Act

I see the same problem. Somehow, I think, Pandora switches because I lose connection (e.g., while on the go with my Android phone), and it can't use my preferred station offline. This switch is probably unavoidable, but the switch should be to one of my defined stations, not to some seemingly random station that is then added to my collection.