cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Option to block all clean or explicit content

Ideas: Option to block all clean or explicit content

FaminEatr
Underground

Pandora currently includes an option to filter out explicit content, and only play Clean or Radio Edit versions of songs.

I would like to request the opposite option, namely: Filter Clean Content.

In a way similar to the "Filter Explicit Content" option, this option would only play songs that have their un-edited, explicit content.

As an informed, consenting adult, I would prefer to listen to the "Dirty" versions of songs. As I dislike the "Clean" versions of these songs, I would prefer to not hear them. Currently the only way to do that is to thumb the song down, which just removes it and all versions of it from my shuffle or playlist.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (4)
79 Comments

Not everyone likes the filthy foul foul..Good suggestion. Take care and stay safe. 😁

Pernell91
Local Performer

This isnt helpful at all. Do you think most Pandora users based on demographics want to hear clean versions of songs? You guys should consider buying the song the was the artist wanted it to be heard not song edit that was an alternative. 

FaminEatr
Underground

This answer is unhelpful to me for the following primary reason: I listen to my stations on shuffle.

I have a wide range of musical tastes, and prefer to listen to a wide range of artists that meet that taste. Therefore, since my primary station is shuffle, thumbing-down a song does, in fact, impact my listening experience by removing that song and all copies of it from my shuffle.

What is even more annoying is hearing an uncut version of a song one week, then being unable to find anything except the "Clean" version the following week. Or hearing an uncut version followed later in the same day by the edited version.

What ends up happening then is my shuffle more or less becomes the same 15 songs on repeat, because I weed out the "Clean" songs.

All I'm asking for here is equality. The people who want to only hear "Clean" lyrics are catered to, why aren't the rest of us?

SxeSpanky
Local Performer

im having the same issue. i have an Eminem station, heavy cursing. then i get My Name Is - Clean. or square dancin, where there is bleeps. its super weird, and not what i want to hear. they are songs i like, but rather hear an unedited version.

ericcoffey23
Opening Act

Making progress, keep the votes coming! 🙂

Eksha
Underground

Yes, if you want us to be able to use Pandora when kids etc. are around, then you have to quit playing suggestive advertisements; that's really obnoxious. 

Seph
Opening Act

Being able to specify station DNA (instrumental, non-explicit, up-beat, etc), seems like a way to fix this and many other things simultaneously.  I put in a feature request for that:

https://community.pandora.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Create-playlist-based-off-selecting-qualities-genr...

Seph
Opening Act

If "censored" is part of the music genome, you'd be able to do this by having control of the "Music DNA" of your station:  

https://community.pandora.com/t5/Feature-Requests/User-control-of-Stations-quot-genre-DNA-quot-add-r...

Conrad00
Underground

Pandora often has two versions of some songs, the explicit version, or the version where expletives are bleeped out. Personally I hate listening to songs with bleeps, so if both songs are available I would always prefer the explicit version. So I would like a setting to turn off censored songs. 

It would also make sense to add a turn of explicit songs in the same location, if that doesn't exist already.

TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi @Conrad00 👋🏻Thanks for posting to Feature Request!

Be sure to vote, the more votes an idea gets the more likely that it will be looked at for our roadmap at some point.

Thanks for the suggestion!