cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Play music on launch - on/off toggle

Ideas: Play music on launch - on/off toggle

stevenomes
Opening Act

I'm on premium. Anyway to open pandora without it starting music? sometimes i just want to open it and browse a bit before i select something. Seems to happen on every application (web/android/auto)

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
103 Comments
bobtherr1
Underground

In the advanced settings at the very bottom right under Enable Autoplay 

its called Enable AutoStart

bobtherr1
Underground

0361B278-EEDD-4DF2-BC2E-2A1D324D79DB.png

monkthecat
Underground

@bobtherr1 Just downloaded latest version, and that feature is not there. Deleted the app, re-downloaded fresh copy, still not there. 😞

monkthecat
Underground

@bobtherr1  -- I have checked for updates, and have the latest version, and do not have this option under advanced settings. Just sent an email to Pandora support asking them why you have it and I don't, and they said it is not a feature yet. So I'm confused as to why you're seeing it.

bobtherr1
Underground

@monkthecat Yeah, makes no sense. Hoping that someone else in this thread will let us know if they see it.

lukuskywalker
Opening Act

PLEASE add this feature. It seriously makes me want to delete my account. I canceled Netflix because of their auto-preview you could not turn off.

monkthecat
Underground

@lukuskywalker that is so funny -- I cancelled my Netflix subscription for the same reason. They now allow users to turn it off, but they lost my business.

And if Pandora doesn't fix this, I'm switching to Spotify.

JordanKeoto
Opening Act

HOW MANY UP VOTES DOES SOMETHING NEED TO BE IMPLEMENTED?!

Iv'e seen things implemented with 3 up votes. I'd have to assume its because it was something you guys were ALREADY WORKING ON! Just to make it seem like you're actually listening to your community. 

gnicholaides
Local Performer

Provide a setting that enables/disables the auto playing of music when Pandora is launched.  

TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi @gnicholaides! thanks for posting! I moved your message to an existing request on this because it sounds very similar: Play music on launch - on/off switch

Thanks for the feedback! Don't forget to ❤️, the more votes an idea gets the more likely that it will be looked at for our roadmap at some point. 

Thanks for being part of community!