Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Play songs that are meant to be together back to back

Ideas: Play songs that are meant to be together back to back

jcouncil
Underground

Queen We will rock you and we are the champions - classic combination

Hello - I grew up during the 70s and 80s and disc jockeys just knew when 2 song HAD to be played back to back.  Queen's We will rock you and We are the champions is a classic example but there are many more.  Artist such as Pink Floyd, Rush, Yes, Genesis and even Journey has songs that were ALWAYS played back to back on the radio.  Hopefully, there are still some DJs that remember this ancient time and can help you identify these classics that MUST be played together!

Thanks for your consideration.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
18 Comments
aberglund
Local Performer

I agree with this completely.  This is something that has always bugged me about not only music streaming services, but also just with anything that allows you to play songs on "shuffle."  How has nobody made a way to link songs in a playlist so they always go together even in shuffle mode?  I spent years and years back in the day searching for an 80s compilation/hits CD that actually had the Soft Cell "Tainted Love"/"Where Did Our Love Go" combo intact on it, and now that I use streaming, I can't find it anywhere again.  INXS "Need You Tonight" and "Mediate" is another one that comes to mind in addition to the many examples already listed.  Please make this happen, at least for Premium.

DJ_JD_412
Local Performer

Why are songs not run together on albums?? I noticed this issue was posted back in 2019, it is 2023 and this STILL hasn't been corrected. I'm a recent convert from Amazon Unlimited, and their software had this issue licked. I missed Pandora because the A. I. for radio stations kicks the **ahem** out of Amazon's, and Pandoras free service is nothing but an endless stream of ads, but this is a BIG issue. I tried listening to Pink Floyd's "The Wall" and I could not be more disgusted. Canceling of my premium subscription is imminent 😢

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DJ_JD_412 I moved your post over to this existing feature request: Play songs that are meant to be together back to back

Make sure to upvote this thread with a ❤️ to express your interest in seeing it added to the service.

You can also check out my message here for additional information.

In the meantime, I do see you are upgraded to Pandora Premium.

I recommend listening to that album on demand if you wanted to hear each track in the order they were intended to be played. Here is a direct link to that album: The Wall by Pink Floyd

Hope this helps!

Diamond in the Rough

How come you don't play two songs that are normally heard together (ie The Loadout/Stay Jackson Brown or We will rock you-We are The Champions; Queen) ?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@378018 I moved your post over to this existing feature request: Play songs that are meant to be together back to back

Make sure to upvote this thread with a ❤️ to express your interest in seeing it added to the service.

You can also check out my message here for additional information.

wasaracer68
Local Performer

Please... although I dearly love this instrumental and am happy to hear it more often than I would have expected to it is meant to be played with the following piece that is in this order on the album / disc what have you.  1: " in that quiet earth".  It really has a more impressive effect. 

TannerPandora

Hi @wasaracer68 

Welcome to community!

I moved your message over to our Ideas Board. While this is currently not a feature of Pandora, there is an open idea for it - Ideas: Play songs that are meant to be together back to back.

Feel free to give this idea a vote by tapping on the heart ❤️ next to the title of this thread.

Hope to see you around community more!

DJ_JD_412
Local Performer

It's not so much that certain songs should be played back to back (well, not JUST that issue) my complaint about Pink Floyd's "The Wall" is concerning the fact that there is an audible gap between the songs. When played on vinyl, CD, tape the songs are run together. On the streaming, there's a "blip" when switching tracks.