cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playlist/Station Shuffle

Playlist/Station Shuffle

Enthropy
Underground

What I mean is the Playlist/Station. Your currently listening to can be shuffled or at least a better randomization. I noticed it groups genres into bunches I would rather hear 1 or maybe 2 of each genre before switching to the next. So it's not 20 rap, 20 hip-hop, etc. Plus I would like it to throw in more of the artists that play the same genres I've selected so I can well learn about ones I never heard of. For instance I'm fairly new to the Dubstep and Hardstyle Genres. I heard some once at a party I loved it but it took me 7 years of searching just to figure out it was Dubstep and Hardstyle. So I only know a couple Artist names. P. S. I like the advertisements makes it feel more like a real radio station. I travel for a living and regular radio stations are out or I would be messing with the radio every few minutes trying to find a good station that comes in. Though it would be cool if the advertisements where geared to my current location at least some of them like an advertisement for something in Ohio is useless to me if I'm in Illinois lol.

4 Comments
TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi @Enthropy Thanks so much for your suggestion - hope we continue to see you around the community! 

For the ads geared to your current location - I would recommend checking your profile settings, you can find more info here

Mugur
Underground

I think what you're asking for is now available in Pandora "Modes."

https://help.pandora.com/s/article/Pandora-Modes?language=en_US

Enthropy
Underground

No not really Crowd Favs plays just the song that are the highest rated, Discovery Plays artists and genres not found on your playlist for instance it was playing Orchestra, jazz, and heavy metal (which I'm my not a fan of) on my playlist/station of Rap, Hip-Hop, Dubstep, Club, Rave, and Hardstyle. Deep Cuts plays music from your selected artists not as widely known or played, Newly Released plays the newest songs released by the artists in your playlist, Artists Only as it suggests only plays the artists in your playlist. My station comes closest but it rarely throws in an artist I haven't heard of before. I would like it to play more of those artists. 

Enthropy
Underground

I had a complaint awhile back about getting Eminem and Rihanna crammed down my throat (I mean it would play like 10 Eminem Songs 1 Dubstep or Hard Style Song and 10 Rihanna Songs and repeat) and someone took a look at my playlist and said it was at fault that it had too many different Artist's and Genres. Which was, what there's no such thing lol. Anyways they suggested that I create a separate playlist for a single (my favorite song) for each Genre and use shuffle play. Ok that's a little strange and difficult to pick a fav. but it helped allot. I've found a few new Fav Artist's and a New Genre I never heard of before that's right up there with Dubstep and Hardstyle called Trap. Of course I'm a I got that Thump it's in my Trunk kinda Guy lol. Well in my case under the back seat of my lifted 4x4. Wanna ride in my back seat ladies🤭