cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playlists on Alexa

Playlists on Alexa

Kerryguiliano
Underground

I'd like to be able to request Alexa to play a named playlist on Pandora Premium. When I ask them to play, for example, "Alexa, play my Country playlist on Pandora" she simply searches for a similar station and plays that. 

Labels (1)
2 Comments
AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

TannerPandora
Status changed to: Closed Ideas

Hi @Kerryguiliano thanks for posting to the FR board. 

As a Pandora Premium subscriber you can ask Alexa to play playlists you've collected, as well as albums, and songs. For example, "Alexa, play Highway Companion by Tom Petty on Pandora." You won't be able to create or edit playlists through Alexa, but you can do that from the Pandora app and your changes will carry over.

Keep in mind, when requesting a playlist, you'll need to name the specific playlist in your collection. If you have a Station with a similar name, it's often best to rename the playlist to something more distinct. 

Additionally, you can select Pandora as your primary music service and you won't have to say "on Pandora" after each command. 

Keep in mind that if Alexa is unable to find what you've requested, she may add a station that does not exactly match what you requested. You may need to try again from a computer or mobile device.

Here are a few other commands you can use while listening to Pandora on your Amazon Echo:

• Request a station: "Alexa, play [artist] radio on Pandora." If Alexa can't find what you're asking for in your collection, she'll automatically create a station for you.
  • Create a station: "Alexa, create a [artist] station on Pandora."
  • Use Thumbs: "Alexa, Thumb up this song," or "Alexa, Thumb down this song."
  • Skip songs: "Alexa, skip this song."
  • Control playback: "Alexa, stop playing."
  • Control volume up or down: "Alexa, volume up," or "Alexa, volume down."
  • Find out what is playing: "Alexa, what is playing?"

Hope that helps. Thanks for being part of community!