cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Prevent edited versions of songs being played

Ideas: Prevent edited versions of songs being played

Hoss_Meat
Underground

I understand that license agreements change and what not, but I don't want to hear edited versions of songs on my stations.  If the only version of a song available is edited then I don't want it played. Also, there should be a feature to only play studio versions of songs; An option to exclude live performances and/or remixes.  These features seem simple enough to implement, why have they not been added?

Labels (3)
11 Comments
AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

@Hoss_Meat Thanks for your suggestion! Make sure to give your post a Heart as well. 

Hoss_Meat
Underground

How? It won't let me click the heart on my own post like I can on others' posts.

Grity
Local Performer

I agree with you 100 percent 

I do not like edited or live versions they sound like crap

Illusivema70
Local Performer

Has this been changed yet? I am tired of all the edited versions that keep playing. Pandora wants me to upgrade, this isn't enticing me to at all.

ladyrae86
Local Performer

Yes I am tired of hearing edited version's of songs being played on my stations. It's annoying & there should be a way to exclude them. I am paying for Pandora premium every month & should have the option to prevent them from being played.

bammab127
Underground

I have the same issue. I wanna listen to a song, not an audience screaming

Seamus_da_bear
Local Performer

12/17/2019 seems to still be an issue. Although I've been getting edited songs that are not titled as edited, which is even more annoying. C'mon Pandora, you're better than this.

juggalonumber27
Local Performer
Yeah, I hate the random edited songs. The worst part is that they're usually songs I love, so I don't want to thumbs them down, but it's THE most obnoxious thing about Pandora. It really needs to be addressed. And it's different SKU's, so it shouldn't be too hard to filter out.
Splintyr
Local Performer
Still an issue, constantly getting edited songs where I should have unedited content. I came here looking for answers and I found ones I did not want. I'm currently on my trial and will probably not be subbing if I keep getting edited songs stuffed into my stations that's clearly suppose to be explicit.
Seph
Opening Act

If this was something that could be specified by music genome, then having control over the "Music DNA" of your station would allow you to specify you like "original" songs.

I fully agree, remixes and covers are super obnoxious most of the time, but downvoting them has a negative effect on the station.

https://community.pandora.com/t5/Feature-Requests/User-control-of-Stations-quot-genre-DNA-quot-add-r...