cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Restore Alarm Clock for Android

Ideas: Restore Alarm Clock for Android

g_a_t_w
Underground

The alarm clock app from Google is literally just another app to download to give you ads, suck your money away and it is all around not helpful for me. I feel like I am not the only person who thinks this. I've always used pandora alarm because it was simple, easy to use, over all pretty handy. Again the alarm clock from Google isn't as good as the normal one button feature in the pandora app. Why need an entirely new app to do just this one thing. Waste of time and phone space.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
9 Comments
AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hey, @g_a_t_w. 👋

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm sure other listeners would be interested in seeing the alarm clock feature for Android devices return.

Be sure to click on the ❤️icon next to the title of your suggestion on the main Feature Request page. This will indicate that you'd like to see this idea implemented.

Welcome to the community! 🎧

TOR
Local Performer

Can we please talk about how garbage the Google app is for the Pandora alarm functionality? I loved the previous app, but the Google one is horrible.

You can't set a volume ramp up to where it starts softly and gets louder. IDEAL for waking up to, but nope, that's gone.

No matter HOW MANY TIMES I set the volume, it RESETS to FULL BLAST. Even if I snooze it and lower the volume, it STILL comes back full force. I set it in the alarm settings, nothing. I turn the global volume down on my phone, nothing. I snooze it in the morning and then turn it back down, NOTHING. 

Even just for the other purposes of using the Google alarm app, it's just a garbage app. I'd rather wake up to the sound of a fire alarm than this anymore...

Jensays
Underground
Ditto. It's a big reason why I bought a new Android, since we all know that the IOS version always was awful. I wake up the same time, M-F. In the good old days I set the Pandora alarm one time and that was it. Now I have to deal with a lousy Google app that has poor functionality and lacks features you used to have. There is no logical reason why you removed your alarm unless Google pressured you to. PLEASE put it back!
Dumbassmotoman
Local Performer

Please bring back the alarm clock. It is the reason I liked pandora best out of all the other music apps. I relied on it to wake me up and now it's gone. I loved waking up to my favorite artist . 

IHamby
Local Performer

Bring the alarm back! It says we can use Google Clock, but I have that and both it and Pandora are up to date. But there is no option to select Pandora.

Just bring back the alarm feature, or I'll figure out how to downgrade to the superior version of the app when it was still present.

Jensays
Underground

This morning was a perfect example of why I vastly preferred the previous version.   I woke up this morning to an annoying beeping and a message alleging that the tablet couldn't connect to Pandora.  Baloney, my wifi was.solid and I listened to Pandora the night before.  Back in the day a song would come on softly and the volume would pick up until I turned off the alarm or set.it to wake me up a bit later.

DeannaU
Local Performer

Seriously Pandora. I explicitly do not have Spotify because I have loved Pandora so much. Why in God's name would you remove the alarm clock!? How hard can it be to keep the great features you had. FYI this is also why I NEVER update my app!!. Put the alarm back and Stat away from the hacker aka Google. I'm removing everything Google from my phone and PC. So you plan really doesn't work. Keep it great 👍

Screenshot_20210520-214825_Pandora.jpg

TOR
Local Performer

The Google clock app is such trash! The least they could do is match the functionality of the Pandora alarm features. The main thing I miss is the ability to ramp the volume up when the alarm goes off so it's not so jarring when I wake up. On top of that, I connect my phone to a bluetooth speaker so that it plays through the speaker when the alarm goes off. The stupid app will play through both the phone AND the speaker?!!?! It's even more jarring and annoying to deal with and the functionality of the original alarm function was PERFECT! It's been like 3+ years since they switched over and the stupid double output thing is STILL an issue, PLUS, no volume ramp!

Jensays
Underground

So far this month I'm batting under 200 for times that the Pandora app worked on the Google Clock.  It is such a pain, because I set an alarm because I needed to wake up at a particular time, and I don't know if it's Pandora, Google Clock or both that's the cause of the failures.  Music is very important to me, and waking up to a song from my curated playlist can really get my day started on the right foot.