cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Restore offline downloads after reinstallation

Ideas: Restore offline downloads after reinstallation

overthemoon
Opening Act

Can y'all add a prompt asking listeners if they want to restore downloads after reintsalling the app or clearing app data? It really stinks to go through and manually redownload all my offline content.

Labels (2)
20 Comments
8gat3s
Underground

My card number changed and I lost all my downloads, on top of that it wont let me redownload my old down loads after renewing my subscription. Pretty frustrating.

chefflee
Local Performer

downloads disapeared after a lapse in payment and switch to plus  will it reload into my iphone if i upgrade 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chefflee I moved your post to this thread as there isn't currently a way to restore downloads to your device after your subscription has lapsed.

You will need to manually re-download your offline content.

In the meantime, I recommend giving this feature request a ❤️to express your interest in getting it added to the service as well. 

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 

Ahousk23
Local Performer

I’ve had the same issue. I took the time to download hundreds of songs for my camping trip where I would have no internet access. It worked fine until my phone died and I had to restart it. Upon restart it required me to LOG IN before being able to listen! So I drove a couple of miles away to get cell service and upon logging in it told me that I had no downloaded music available, everything had been deleted! This is the third time this has happened to me and the last. I really love the pandora app but I need a service that won’t jeopardize my offline content when outside of cell service. FYI this has happened on multiple versions of iPhone. Not risking my time and effort again. Seeing as I have to go into each album and manually download, as opposed to just clicking a button and downloading my whole collection, it’s definitely not worth my time. Thanks but no thanks.

rickjag
Local Performer

When buying a new phone there needs to be the ability to restore all of your down loaded (offline] songs. It's almost impossible to do if you have a lot of songs. You can't even get a simple list of the songs to re-down load. I don't know what everyone else does when they get a new phone. It's very frustrating to say the least. 

kdmshort
Underground

man I was trouble shooting something it told me to log out and log back in when I did all my downloaded music was gone **ahem** I been paying for premium for years and all of my music literally like 2000+ songs gone and u want me to re-download everything one by one I may as well just go to spotify or YouTube music this some bs

kdmshort
Underground

lost all my music from the past years and would like it back without manually downloading every song again 2000+ songs gone 

Leechur13
Local Performer

Oh, manually down loading all my off line songs is crazy!!!!

You guys gotta fix this. Sheesh

JoWood07
Local Performer

Agreed with all others.  This lack of mass download to restore downloaded music on a new device is terrible.  I have had to do this every device switch - it's such a necessary feature.  I'm positive that most bothered by this aren't even aware of this board - as this is the fourth time I'm having to do it; and the first time stumbling upon this thread to complain.

colemac12
Local Performer

The issue of powering up iphone with no Wi-Fi or cell service requires you to log into your account before you can play songs, and/or lose your downloads has been an issue from several years back.  Has this ever been fixed?  Have Iphone14 and was in remote location hunting with no cell service.  Phone had to be restarted.  Opened Pandora to listen to music and got log-in screen.  How you supposed to log-in with no service?  Couldn't open or listen.  Got to a place with enough service to log in, but not enough to play music, I figured that's ok, I will just listen to downloaded songs off-line.  It tells me I have no downloaded songs.  Well that **ahem**, but no service so nothing to do.  Now back to world of wi-fi, shows I have downloaded songs to play off-line.  So didn't completely lose them, but what is the purpose of prescription if can't listen when want to off-line or not?  So just trying to see if there was ever a fix and I need to do something on my end or is this still a problem?