cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Scrubbing when listening to a station with a premium subscription

Ideas: Scrubbing when listening to a station with a premium subscription

Tiger1016
Underground

Looking for the ability for Premium subscribers to scrub around a song when listening to a station. This feature is available when listening to songs in other fashions (looking up the song manually, in a playlist, etc.), so it does not make sense for this to not also be avaialble in the quintensential, legacy listening method in Pandora. 

Labels (1)
35 Comments
Tiger1016
Underground

The reason for this request is when I get into a concerted music discovery mood, I would like to quickly breeze through songs to see if they are worthy of a thumbs up, adding to a playlist, or whatever else, and so I can move on and repeat the process with the next song.

Wanted to confirm that the inability to scrub a song is consistent across the android app as well as the browser play on my PC.

Also, I realize that this feature would most likely need to be blocked for the songs that don't allow replays.

TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Thanks for the feedback @Tiger1016 👍

dude8192
Local Performer

On windows desktop app, and in Chrome; I can not scrub/seek within songs that are under browse with premium. It works when I search specifically for a song, but not when I'm browsing a genre.

Is this a bug or expected behavior? Other platforms I pay for let me seek though a song, but  this doesn't seem to work here.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @dude8192. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing feature request as it seems like you'd be interested in this as well.

At this time, scrubbing a song while listening from a station is not currently a feature. However, your request for this option has been noted.

Be sure to search for the title of this request on the main Feature Request page and click on the ❤️icon to upvote this idea. 

Thanks so much for posting on the community!

nicrademaker
Local Performer

The lack of this feature will likely cause me to cancel the Premium Family membership that I just opened.  Why would you be able to scrub a song you searched for and not one playing from a "station'.  Its not like these stations are live.  Seems arbitrary.  

wesderf
Local Performer

ADD IT PLEASE THANKS 🙂

DatVoicedGuy
Local Performer

This is one of the main reasons I dont like subscribing to pandora. And stopped for multiple years now. A lot of the songs I listen to have a large build up of more than a minute long... its not pleasant to listen like that on pandora. Usually end up using spotify. But spotify's discovery features are lack luster compared to pandora's method of discovery and randomness. 

Pandora will play songs from 15 years ago randomly which is an awesome throwback where as spotify tends to play new age music only even if shuffling my whole list (5000+ songs)

The addition of the very basic scrubbing feature would ensure I as well as my family stay subscribed for years to come.

Corrodias
Underground

I have no idea how such a feature was overlooked.

Tiger1016
Underground

Wanted to bump this and check back in to see if the implementation of this request might be in process by this point.

Times are tough and I am looking for ways to cut costs as much as possible. Thinking of dropping back to a free account until this is implemented since the lack of scrubbing whole in station listening mode really does encumber the value of a paid subscription for the variety of ways that I use and enjoy Pandora.

Corrodias
Underground

If you folks like this idea, be sure to click the heart icon at the top. That's how you tell Pandora that you care about it.