cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Scrubbing when listening to a station with a premium subscription

Ideas: Scrubbing when listening to a station with a premium subscription

Tiger1016
Underground

Looking for the ability for Premium subscribers to scrub around a song when listening to a station. This feature is available when listening to songs in other fashions (looking up the song manually, in a playlist, etc.), so it does not make sense for this to not also be avaialble in the quintensential, legacy listening method in Pandora. 

Labels (1)
35 Comments
SirOssis
Local Performer

Why can't we just have the songs that would play in a "Station" be auto-created as "Playlist" then I could fast forward.

Seems like it would be simple to program that.

NO fast forwarding or scrubbing on Stations was acceptable in the early 2000's but with the large amount of music streaming services out there this is just unacceptable.

oloko
Local Performer

Yes Please add this!  I just paid for premium and this is a dealbreaker. I wont be subscribing again due to this missing feature. 

orangejoe
Local Performer

It takes so long to train a new station without the ability to fastfoward. It makes no sense. Makes me want to go back to Spotify.

Orion
Local Performer

What a foolish, tone-deaf oversight. Hell, this should be a free feature it's so basic - don't you want people to fall in love with your predictive algorithm?? Isn't discovery one of the core missions this service seeks to support??

I was looking to switch over from Spotify - not anymore.

Eric731
Local Performer

I just subscribed to a family plan and I noticed this same issue tonight.  This is a real bummer and really makes no sense.  Guess I will be canceling once my trial period is up 😞

Starsha
Underground

It is absolutely totally and completely ridiculous that we cannot fast forward or rewind a song.  This is such a basic feature, I really cannot comprehend how it was not implemented originally and how is it still not a feature after how many years Pandora has been out?????? 

I used to prefer Pandora over Spotify but the longer I use Pandora, the more I think I made a mistake switching over.

perfpix
Local Performer

Just re-subscribed to Pandora after years of using other services. Like everyone else when I want to discover music being able to scrub to the middle of the song is a necessity. Not being able to do so is a deal breaker for me.

kim78
Local Performer

Same for iOS app. Super annoying I cannot fast-forward through minutes of boring segments; or when discovering new songs.

kim78
Local Performer

All- I'd like to create an app that allows you to find the songs Pandora recommends BUT on Spotify, then listen to them on Spotify as the latter offers a nicer listening experience (if we're being frank..) and has the ability to fast-forward to the middle of the song.  We combine the best of both worlds.

I have some iOS programming background in Swift, if anyone else is interested in joining me for this let me know!

Chiguy225
Local Performer

C'mon Pandora! As others have said we need we need to be able to scrub a song and also play previous songs while listening to a station. It's ridiculous!

I left Pandora years ago cuz at the time you could not play songs on demand. I've come back five years later due to Pandora's better ability to discover music and better shuffle techniques only to experience this major flaw.

I'm debating whether to cancel subscription. Ugh!