cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Option For My Own Collection

Search Option For My Own Collection

peterwwillis
Underground

If I go to My Collection, I want to find my Standards/Vocal Jazz station that I created (I have like 100 custom stations). How do I do that?

If I click on the Search box and put in "jazz", and I get generic search results, my station is not there. There are many tabs to filter on, but none are My Collections.

So I click on My Collections at the top, and try to use "Ctrl+F" to search for "jazz". My browser goes "Ding!" because there was no matching search. What? Turns out you have to scroll down the page to load your collections. Once I scroll down all the way, I can "Ctrl+F" again, and sometimes it works, unless it brings me up to the top of the page, and then the collections disappear again.

So the only way I can find my station is to click on My Collections, and slowly scroll through all of them, visually searching for my station. It's the same story on mobile.

Pandora: this doesn't seem super hard to fix, can you please make search at least display stuff I have in My Collections before doing a general search? Or load all the collections at once, so I can "Ctrl+F" ??

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
7 Comments
AdamPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

@peterwwillis Thanks for your suggestion - keep 'em coming! 

JillofAllTrades
Local Performer
Yes please! This seems intuitive yet there’s a goose egg at the end of the search. Seems like a 21st Century challenge that’s figure-outable, Yeh? There’s growing competition out their Pandora. My eyes have started to wander and I’m wondering if other services are more user friendly with managing their user-generated playlists. I’ve made myself create playlists So I don’t have to listen to a song more than once a week. That’s another area I’m looking at: More variety, less repetition. .
warrwirr
Local Performer
As I own several huge playlists (in average 700 tracks each, some up to 3.000) sometimes I want delete a certain song. But it's rather complicated to do so in the old manner way. For the special searching feature already described by peterwwillis and JillofAllTrades I am waiting since years.
sandytoney
Local Performer

For two days, I have tried to load my collections. None of them will load. The center just spins and the stations will not start.

Ravercat
Underground

Anybody want to be able to use the search function on your own collection to find stuff. It would be great to be able to toggle the search between Pandora and My Collection.

Also, genres would help searches tremendously.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Thanks for the feedback @Ravercat!

gordon545
Local Performer

I agree with everyone about this.  Please add the ability to search only items we've collected.  This could be a simple choice at the top of the search tree to either "Search All" ("Search Global", "Discover", whatever you want to call it) or "Search Collected".  This would allow users to more easily find the versions of songs they've already chosen without having to sift through the entire Pandora catalogue each time.  Put this feature at the beginning of the search routine so it can be applied to collected Artists, Playlists, Genres, etc.