cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Shared Playlist or Station

Ideas: Shared Playlist or Station

Eric
Underground

It would be amazing to be able to have a shared/ public playlist or station that other people could contribute to and impact in real-time.

I can hear it now. I'm at a friends house party or bbq and that tired old song comes on or that new banger and I need to thumb it to keep the vibes going or save the party.

Labels (2)
4 Comments
AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

@Eric  We’re always looking to improve, and getting feedback like this definitely helps with that. Thanks for being a part of our Community!

sjkeenan
Local Performer

With so many gatherings being placed on hold because of the epidemic I think it would be a great idea for Pandora to allow us to share stations so our friends can listen to the exact same queue of songs, at the same time as us. Obviously the "skip" feature wouldn't be allowed along with other personalizing features, but this could keep the bond of music alive... especially while so many of us are working from home. 

If this already available please let me know! I would love to use it!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sjkeenan I moved your post to this existing feature request as it appears there are others who are looking for a similar type of station.

Make sure to give this thread a ❤️ as well to express your interest in getting it added to the service.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 😁

nightfli
Local Performer

Yes I love this idea as well! That would be really great to have. If it is a "group listen", maybe have an ongoing thumbs up / thumbs down count for each song in the station? Though I know that may be cumbersome...

On a similar thread, I was wondering is it possible to have the stations be available to the public for others to find, but also to vote on? For the longest time, I thought the thumbs up / thumbs down count were votes on the station, but they are just thumbed up songs or thumbed down songs. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a station (or 2) that is highly specialized, with a lot of artist/song seeds, and I'd love to share that station with others, and see votes on the station (or as I said in the previous paragraph, an ongoing thumbs up / thumbs down count for each song in the station.)