cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Show current station playing when in Shuffle mode

Ideas: Show current station playing when in Shuffle mode

William_DeMasi
Underground

Identify the source channel for the song currently playing in Shuffle mode.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
67 Comments
goddess33
Local Performer

I agree this would be great to have!

Stackramoni
Local Performer

Pandora used to have this function.   They've had it from the beginning.  
Then they began "re-thinking" everything and Pandora's interface has gotten continually worse. 
It's now 2021.   How the f--k do I know what the source station is, during shuffle?   You started out with this function long ago. 
Then you got rid of it on mobile.  
Then you brought it back.  
Now it's gone again. 
What the hell is wrong with Pandora's engineers? **ahem** are they thinking? This is such a basic obvious necessity 

garyeth
Local Performer

I use the Pandora Music Shuffle Mode on my Android phone a lot.

When I am listening to a song while in shuffle mode, it would be nice to know what station, the current playing song is from.

I understand that this feature is available from the Web version of Pandora, but it would be nice to be able to do the same thing from the phone app, since I usually listen to Pandora from my phone. 

I emailed the Developers, and they emailed me back (Case # 03698600), and they suggested I submit a new feature request if I could not find this feature already requested. 

Surprisingly. I could not a similar request already submitted, so here is my new feature request.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for sharing your idea, @garyeth! 👍

alexfoundabuck
Local Performer

Hello there,

I pretty much exclusively use the shuffle feature to listen to Pandora. I don't see any way to see which station is being played through shuffle on iOS/mobile. This would help me modify my shuffle list when I add new stations. I've been wishing this is a feature for maybe 6 years now.

Thanks a bunch!

FishboneFan
Local Performer

Like the PC app or website, having this feature in the mobile app would be nice. 

Villanite
Local Performer

FYI for anyone looking for this later on. If you want the station bar to show all the time without having to scroll down, you can grab a browser extension like Stylebot and add this to Pandora:

.MiniBar.MiniBar--premium.MiniBar--searchT3 {
    opacity: 1;
}

Also, if you want to use Pandora in Dark Mode, you can include all of this to Stylebot:

.region-main__content {
    background-color: #121212;
}
.Nav.Nav--lightTheme.Nav--premium {
  background-color: #666666;
}
.sticky {
    padding-top: 1em;
    background: #121212;
}
.region-main__content {
    border-top: 1px solid;
}
.Footer.Footer--withTuner.Footer--nowPlaying {
    background: #121212;
}
.MiniBar.MiniBar--premium.MiniBar--searchT3 {
    opacity: 1;
}
csfree12
Local Performer

Seems silly that I have to scroll down to view the radio station a song comes from when I'm shuffling stations. Why do I have to take that extra step? Why can't it just display it at the top at all times? Also, it shows up as you scroll down almost completely covering up the artist and song I'm listening to. Makes no sense. What's the harm in displaying it at all times? It could help me understand where songs are coming from and how to adjust my collection to better play the songs I like.

NobodysDarling
Local Performer

In Custom Shuffle mode, it would be nice to know what station of my chosen custom shuffled stations a certain song is playing from. Many times I feel like it's none of the ones included in the selected stations.