cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Show current station playing when in Shuffle mode

Ideas: Show current station playing when in Shuffle mode

William_DeMasi
Underground

Identify the source channel for the song currently playing in Shuffle mode.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
67 Comments
TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi @William_DeMasi thanks for the great idea! 👍

briantorok
Underground

Please! I use shuffle a lot, and am always leery of liking/disliking a song, becasue I don't know what channel it came from. 

bchertov
Opening Act

I would also like the source channel in shuffle! 

Please implement on mobile, CarPlay and web. 

I trust thumb up/down get saved to the source station when in shuffle. 

stevef
Underground

I agree. Always wondering which station is playing a song I like

fanattic1
Opening Act

Oh!  One I can maybe answer!  

If you are listening on a browser just roll the screen down and it appears at the top.

I am not sure how that works on Android or IPhones though. 

PrestonPID
Local Performer

@fanattic1  Thanks for the tip! I had missed that on the browser. Would love to have something like this on the other platforms. Pandora used to simply highlight the station from the list on the left side of the screen in the browser.

rayrayray01
Underground

It would be nice to have the ability to know what station is playing a given song when you are listening in shuffle mode on your mobile device.

TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi @William_DeMasi thanks for posting! You have an existing idea on this already, so I've merged them together. 👍🏻Be sure to ❤️all the requests you'd like to see, this lets us know which ideas are popular. 

Thanks for being part of community! 🎧

wisepeppy
Diamond in the Rough

This would be really useful for me.  I have a variety of stations that each capture a particular 'mood', or the tastes of particular guests or members of the household, so I most often listen in Shuffle mode depending on what variety of music I want, or who's listening.  To see where a song is coming from, so that a proper decision can be made on whether to thumb it up/down or not, would be very useful.

samurai331
Underground

Yes! Bring this back. Like everyone is saying sometimes you have a pretty specific station included in the shuffle but you would still like to thumbs up/down songs to add to those stations. Now you don't want to do that because it could throw off a station that you wouldn't particularly want that song to play on. Sometimes its nice to not have to listen to one particular station but still be able to thumbs up/down.