cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone else listening - Show what other device is being used

Someone else listening - Show what other device is being used

overthemoon
Opening Act

Please add a functionality that tells us what other device is being used when you display the error that "Someone else is listening."

This would help prevent the freak out moment that some unauthorized user has hacked my account, and possibly my payment information, by actually seeing what device is being used. I never really know if I need to secure the account or if it's just my family using the Alexa at home.

With that in mind, you might consider giving us the ability to forcefully log out all devices on the account via Settings menu as I've seen with other streaming services.

286 Comments
seans24
Local Performer

Just here to echo all the requests already here!!!

NOW MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

:beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes:

michellebenbow
Local Performer

it's actually ridiculous that this feature isn't offered...please fix

cerskine
Local Performer

This has been on the request list for over a year.  Can we get this implemented?

Farjohn
Local Performer

Is it possible that this notification (multiple users logged in) is a bug in your code? Changing passwords should stop this. It doesn't.

pnwfox
Underground

It is totally their code and tokens, as you can take a new Roku out of the box, connect to your network, install Pandora, open the app and magically you will be logged into the last account used on the same shared wifi. I gave up and switched to a competitor, no issues since!

Clarkab25
Local Performer

Also with the ability to log out devices individually as I've also seen before. Helps to be able to log out of a device you may have forgotten to log out of, even if you dont have immediate access to the device. (I.e. friends/work computer)

Subversive
Local Performer

I think they don't want to fix this problem because they know it is a bogus error and it's just a bug on their end.

Sonyammobley
Local Performer

Subversive....you might be on to something. 

RR1985
Local Performer

I have read this entore thread and for 2 years youve been saying to upvote this stupid thread and still haven't done anything to fix the issue!!! I am so tired of qll the run around and glitches qnd waiting days for customer support to fix the issues you guys can't seem to get fixed... This has been an issue for years now, how the hell do you not have a solution yet??????? I'll be deleting my account and going to spotify or literally anything else, im tired of paying for a service that only works sometimes.

thomaspettitt
Local Performer

Yes Alyssa Pandora (Moderator), as you said, that was a great suggestion made by OverTheMoon to be able to forcefully log out devices connected to our Pandora account. That was also in 2019. I see complaints in this regard almost everyday and they all basically say "Pandora, when are you going to do something about this?"

The rest of the comments are from people who are now fed up and who are leaving Pandora because you aren't protecting or servicing your customers. I am soon to follow unless I can get an ETA on this simple fix. 

The ball is in your court Pandora; what's it going to be?