cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone else listening - Show what other device is being used

Someone else listening - Show what other device is being used

overthemoon
Opening Act

Please add a functionality that tells us what other device is being used when you display the error that "Someone else is listening."

This would help prevent the freak out moment that some unauthorized user has hacked my account, and possibly my payment information, by actually seeing what device is being used. I never really know if I need to secure the account or if it's just my family using the Alexa at home.

With that in mind, you might consider giving us the ability to forcefully log out all devices on the account via Settings menu as I've seen with other streaming services.

323 Comments
kceballos
Local Performer

100% agreed

Rawbeccs2
Local Performer

HOW HAS THIS BEEN RECOMMENDED FOR OVER TEO YEARS AND I STILL CANT SEE OR BOOT OTHER PEOPLE OFF THE ACCOUNT?! Why am I paying you people if you don’t GAF 

philhender
Local Performer

implement this!

zorvek
Underground

...or switch to Spotify. Spotify is looking better and better these days.

Jprice
Local Performer

No response from Pandora. No changes made. Been a long time pandora customer but no more. Cancelled my subscription and moved on. Too bad.

4x4dually
Underground

I see this post is from 2019, and here it is 2021, early in the am, and I get this dang message. No one else in my family is even awake so it's obviously a hack or malfunction. Here I am having to click "let me listen" after every song. This is getting old. Is this function available yet or what? If so, how do we use it. I just upgraded to premium and am already having trouble. If this continues, I'll be re-evaluating my subscription before the 3 month trial is over. 

Anyone?

qaxtreme
Local Performer

I am so close to just getting Spotify. This constantly being interrupted honestly ruins the pandora experience

4x4dually
Underground

If finally figured out my daughter was using my account across the state at her grandparents for the weekend. I had no idea she knew how to use an old phone that was turned off with the wifi and had my password. She had left it on over night thus why I couldn't listen at 5am when I got to work. It wasn't what I thought....however, it would still be nice to see what devices are connected so we could keep tabs and make sure only one person was using at a time like we are supposed to. When we have this message, we could at least tend to it ourselves. 

kwalford1
Local Performer

Please, I keep getting this someone else is listing message. I am the only one listening on my Alexa device after 2-3 songs. This just started a couple of days ago.

zorvek
Underground

Same here. It was only coming up once every so many weeks. Now it's coming up every few songs.

Fix this!